the serpent | 03

Riding home with the person you had grown so curious about, was more of a task than a getting to know experience for Blaise

Riding home with the person you had grown so curious about, was more of a task than a getting to know experience for Blaise. The moment they had stepped out of the elevator, she made sure that she kept her running mouth shut. It was only fair for her to stay quite while Octavio did his job of babysitting her life that was on stake every minute.

The rest of the drive home was filled with complete silence while he drove in the direction of the mansion. When they had finally reached their destination, Blaise without second thought propped open her door before the tension in the car suffocated her.

He followed close behind her as she directed towards the closed entrance of the two story mansion. She hesitatingly opened the front door as the events from the night of a murder masquerade played on her mind.

"The house is cleaned Blaise." As if he could read Blaise's mind, Octavio answered the burning question on her mind.

Without another minute of hesitation, she entered the mansion and saw the once blood covered floors cleaned to perfection. It was almost cleaned to the point no one would believe her if she was to say it was covered in blood not too long ago. But, something felt off about the whole place. It just didn't feel like home anymore, but more of a prison. It felt suffocating in a way she would have now gladly spent more time in the hospital.

"Is there something wrong?" Octavio asked as he noticed the change of mood of the women standing next to him.

"No, nothing that will concern you." Blaise abandoned the analysis of the once crime scene and headed towards the stair case to head into the safety of her bedroom.

"Would you mind showing me to my room or are you predicting me to resolve that issue on my own?" She stopped midway as he asked for the directions to his bedroom. Hesitantly, she walked back in the direction in which she had walked from.

"Come I'll show you." She wrapped her around his wrist before pulling him towards the hall opposite of the staircase.

Octavio didn't mind when she curled her delicate fingers around his wrist that couldn't be fully wrapped into her palm. But, the sudden urge to touch her more intimately had once again awaken. He fisted his hand that she had so gracefully latched onto.

As if Blaise could feel his body tense beside her, she immediately dropped his hand from her hold. It was just merely for directing purposes, but she knew that it was out of her line as she noticed at how tensed he had gotten from her touch.

"Well this is your room. I'll just let you settle in and if you have any questions or need something let me know." She turned around to walk back into the direction of her own room when she was prevented from walking by a overlapping hand wrapped around her wrist.