Mistakes Were Made

"What is it?"

Mithila softly shook her head, not meet Vincent's eyes. She felt so much pain within herself that even saying a word would make Mithila lose her composure.

She kept staring at her sandwich that she hadn't even unwrapped. Mithila was sick to her stomach, she wanted to throw up, wished to get rid of that sick feeling that was making her lungs hollow.

"You have to talk to me," Vincent said, his voice gentle. He reached out and placed his hand on Mithila's hand across the table.

Mithila bit the inside of her cheek, tears threatening to spill from her eyes. There was so much going on in her head but she couldn't comprehend any of it.

Mithila wasn't sure what she feeling the most, the guilt of lying to Aliza, the regret of letting her daughter and husband go alone, or the anger that clawed at her heart whenever she saw the faces of those who swore to protect her family.

Vincent sighed, "Those Mikaelsons are not pleased with Lucien being near Aliza," He tried, hoping Mithila would give him some clarity.

Vincent had to be responsible, even if that meant he had to ignore the pain of losing a brother. He was carrying his own shame and regret, but those acting on those emotions meant not paying attention to Mithila and Aliza.

The thought of what Aliza was going through just made Vincent feel worse. The gravity of the situation was settling like a stab to his heart. There wasn't anything Vincent could do to take the pain away.

"They don't get to decide what's good for my daughter," Mithila snapped.

"What's that supposed to mean?"

"Lucien saved Aliza's life," She defended, "He is the only person she has shown any reaction for, don't you see it?"

"I do," Vincent agreed, his voice calm.

"But Lucien-"

"Seriously Vincent, if you want to compare we both know Klaus has done much worse," Mithila spat, her eyes filled with anger.

"What is going on?" He asked.

"Why are we here? Why did Aliza get hurt? This wasn't her fight, she didn't do anything to Tristan. Rome" Mithila closed her eyes, clenching her fist before she continued.

"Ro-Rome didn't do anything to anyone,"

"What are you saying?"

"It's time,"

Vincent stiffened, taking a sharp breath in.

"We talked about this," He sighed, his tone serious.

"We did and we are doing it again. Aliza deserves to know," Mithila insisted, not willing to back down, "We lied to her for ten years, and look what happened,"

"What about Freya?"

"You think she cares? After everything you still trust her?"

"Klaus' men are outside," He pointed out in the last attempt.

"We have Katherine and Lucien,"

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"How is she?"

"Not a word," Klaus answered with a sigh. He closed his eyes, gripping the phone in his hands, and leaned against his chair, the house felt hollow, the wind colder than ever and the deafening silence made Klaus's chest ache.