thirty

Valeria leaned back in her seat looking out at the sea of men staring right back at her.

"On September 17th, the day of the Mafia Ball . . . " She started with a loud voice.

"We attack." She said finally.

"Templeton thinks that he can hold my children's lives over my head."
"And he is a absolutely correct." She pulled her lips into a thin line.

"He has aligned with my husbands family." She informed them making her men shift in surprise.

"You are to take out everyone, but the youngest one, Allegra."
"She shall be protected and transported to a safe house on the day of the attack." She said leaving no room for arguments.

"Um, maam." A man raised his hand with a nervous expression.

"Word on the poker table is that Wesley has teamed up with his sister, recently." He said making Valeria smirk internally.

"Is that right?"
"Well, I always thought she had a spark to her." Valeria said carefully.

"This'll be fun! Lighten up!" She giggled with malice making the men nod along with fear.

"Well!" She clapped her hands "Meeting adjourned." She dismissed them.

"He's dating who?!" Valeria leaned forward shocked, almost dropping the tub of ice cream in her hands

"Lucia." Lyra rolled her eyes bitterly.

"No shit." Valeria exclaimed shocked.

"Full shit." Lyra concluded.

"Well, how many times have you tried to murder him since?" She giggled playfully.

"Twice. Dally called dibs last minute, pretty sure it was so I could stop." She laughed, adding on to the joke.

"Damnit, I wanted to kill him." She grumbled sinking into the chair with a small smile.

"Anyways, how's Vitt and Vin?"

Lyra winced. She knew this would come up.

"Uh well Vitt has been staying at my house, and Vin's in the . . . hospital." She slurred the last part making Valeria sit up in confusion.

"He's in the where?" She looked at her bestfriend with dread.

"Hospital?" She asked more than said.

"W-What happened to him?!" She stood up quickly with her breath quickening rapidly.

"He got shot." Lyra said slowly and quietly.

"Let me guess. Templeton." Valeria concluded with a cold tone.

"We're not completely sure it was him, but it could've been someone sent by Wesley." Lyra said slowly.