Act I: Part 1

Thank you for all the excitement about this book! And remember, if it doesn't cause emotional pain, it's not angst :)))

I'm just going to get right into it... so here ya go. Its kinda long tbh but its what I wrote so idk

TW: derogatory terms, violence/domestic abuse, non-con (non-consensual acts)/rape, graphic descriptions (I put an extra marking in bold just in case), choking

Previously...

Oh, if only I could've listened to that voice in my head, the one expressing doubts, I could've avoided all this. I could be off living the same life as before I met him- as if it had never even happened.

If I could go back in time and have a do-over, I would've never accepted that coffee. I would turn down every seemingly innocent gesture Cole made.

Because it would be so much better to keep the horrors out of my life.

George's P.O.V.

Cole and I had a good thing going, for the first two months we started dating. It was entirely innocent- watching movies, cuddles, and kisses. Nothing past that, because I didn't think I was ready for that yet.

And Cole was ok with that! He wanted me to feel safe with him, and so I did. I trusted him not to hurt me.

What a mistake.

About a week after we celebrated our two month anniversary, came The Outburst. Easily one of the most terrifying moments of my life- at that point, anyway.

"Yoouu'rre ssuch a ssslut!" Cole slurred, half empty beer bottle in his hand, liquid sloshing around angrily. He raised his hand up high, like he was about to slap me across the face. "I hhhate youu! Yoouu'rre..." He swayed, falling to the couch unconscious. I breathed a shaky sigh of relief, hearing his breathing even out and the beer bottle slip from his grasp. It spilled all over the edge of the carpet, and I silently reached for it, cleaning the liquid up off the floor.

Cole didn't wake up until about noon the next day. He didn't say anything at all to me until later that night.

"Don't think I don't know," he muttered, scowling. I frowned, tilting my head.

"Know what?" I wonder. Cole turns to look at me, and all I can see is pure fury in his eyes.

"Don't act dumb. I know about your little 'friend' Dream." I tilt my head, frowning softly. Now I'm really confused.

"Yeah, Dream's been my best friend for yea-"

"I bet you'd suck him off, wouldn't you? You're such a slut for him. He wouldn't even have to ask, you'd just get right down on your knees and take him right then and there, wouldn't you?" If looks could kill, I'd be dead.

"No?" My voice is quiet and unsure. "I wouldn't do that, I'm not even ready for that kind of stu-"

~non-con/rape warning (goes until end of chapter)~

"Yes you are." Cole grabbed my shoulders, roughly shoving me down to my knees. "Why don't you do that for me? Be a little slut for me, Kitten," Cole growled, teeth bared. I shake my head quickly, eyes wide with fear. I couldn't move away, his grip on my shoulders was tight- it would probably leave a bruise. I was being held down. There's no way this could end well for me.

"Cole..." I whimper, hands trembling as I sat on my knees, hoping he wouldn't actually go to that point. I wasn't ready for that kind of stuff, and Cole knew that. He knew I wanted to wait, that I wanted to make all my firsts special and memorable.