Act II: Part 21

its a short chapter, but its still a chapter (and an important one at that)

**note pov change!!**

TW: PTSD,  anxiety, really awkward situation, self blame

Previously...

"Yeah, George, I do. I love you." I lean back into him, feeling my cheeks go warm. Taking a calming breath, I lean my head in the crook of his neck, close to one of his ears.

"I love you too."

**Dream's P.O.V.**

"I love you too." As soon as I heard those words, the world around me brightened. I had been wanting to hear George say that to me since... I don't even know when.

"You said it!" I exclaimed, one foot jittering excitedly. I wanted to jump up and run around in celebration, but George was on my lap in an unsure, cautious state. I couldn't do anything to freak him out right now. He didn't look up at me, but instead shoved his face into my shoulder. I could feel him smile, even if he was trying to hide it.

"George..." I murmured, heart racing. He picked his head up, the two of us making eye contact. My gaze flickered down to his lips as I said something I probably shouldn't have.

"Can I kiss you?"

"Um..." George grimaces, immediately glancing away. He squirms in my lap for a moment, before moving to the side.

Fuck.

"George, look, I'm sorry, I shouldn't have asked, that was really inconsiderate of me and I promise I won't do it again-"

"Dream." My breath caught in my throat, immediately shutting my mouth to let him speak. "It's not- it's not that- I- um... I don't..." His voice got quieter and quieter the longer he spoke, stumbling over every other word he said. George put his head in his hands, groaning. He pulled out his phone and typed something with a sigh, averting his eyes while holding it up to show me.

it's not that I don't want to. I just can't.

"No, no, I understand." But I don't. I don't understand. How could I? It's not like I've been in this situation before. Nobody teaches you what to do when this happens.

I try to be patient, I try to be understanding and helpful. I try to make George feel comfortable and happy, I try to help him forget about all the bad things. But then I just had to run my mouth. I had to ruin it all, everything I had worked on to fix, the relationship and trust I had built up all crumbling before me.

"Sorry," I mumble, voice low and ashamed. George frowns, opening his mouth to speak, but nothing comes out. With a sigh, a nod, and a shrug, he gets up, walking away. He probably needed space, and I don't blame him in the slightest. I don't know what the fuck I was thinking- well, truth is, I wasn't thinking. I never should've said something like that, it was stupid and probably the least appropriate thing I could've done.

This wasn't some movie, some story where everything is magically solved by confessed feelings and stolen kisses. No, this is real life. And what I did? It made George uncomfortable. And it's all my fault.

I'm sorry, George.

see I dont think that was what y'all were expecting huh

I bet it wasn't

I hope it wasn't