Act I: Part 13

I'm sorta sorry about the last chapter but also not really

In stardew valley I got myself a partner pog :3 gonna have a nice virtual wedding with Sebby 😌 (this is literally where I am in my life rn- help 😭😭)

!!!note pov change!!!

TW: mention of the po po (?? idk I'll just put it), fighting, mention of blood/bruises, suggested abuse, traumatized Gogy :/

Previously...

But I could barely move, let alone stand. No, I was bedridden for today. Maybe tomorrow. Maybe forever.

The memories of what Cole did haunted me. I kept telling myself I deserved it, but it was still difficult to fully wrap my head around. It was a big deal, however small I wanted it to feel. I was 24, being... punished? raped? -in my own house.

Everything I knew was different now. Everything would always be different.

**Dream's P.O.V.**

Wilbur pulled over in front of George's apartment, both of us hesitating for a moment. The silence that had lingered in the air was finally broken.

"What should we even do?" Wilbur asks softly. He's staring forward, we both are, completely transfixed by the dust on the dashboard. Neither of us want to face the possible reality of what's going on inside that building.

I swallow thickly, frowning. "Maybe... we should call the cops?" It's pretty basic, but Wilbur agrees to the idea.

"What do we say?"

"That we think..." I stop. I can't say it, instead just taking a shaky breath.

"I can call. You just get ready to go in, ok?" I nod, going back to staring at the dashboard. Wilbur's voice is blocked out as he calls the police, and all I can think about is how George acted when I first saw him. How he flinched when I tried to touch him. How he seemed jumpy and scared. How he was not George.

"Alright. You ready?" Wilbur asks, tapping my shoulder. I turn to him, both of our expressions mirroring each other.

"As ready as I'll ever be," I sigh. He nods, looking sympathetic.

"Me too. Let's go." This is it. We step out of the car, walking up to the door. With every step taken, my anger grows. If we were right about this- and I really hoped we weren't- then that Cole fucker deserved a slow, painful death.

I was almost disappointed that murder was illegal.

"Ready?" Wilbur looks at me, hand poised to knock on the door. I nod determinedly.

"Ready." He knocks, and we wait. Nobody answers, so he knocks again- louder this time. There's a pause, then Cole is at the door, glaring at us both. He's a few inches shorter, but slightly muscly and clearly pissed off that we're here.

"What do you want?" He scoffs, arms tensed and blocking the doorway.

"We came to see George. We know he's here," I stated, locking eyes in a narrowed gaze. Wilbur straightened his posture, keeping his chin up and his jaw squared.

"No. Go away." Wilbur towered over him, gaze pointed.

"Let us in."

"No!" Cole exclaimed, a bit louder. I huffed, pressing up against him to really accentuate the height difference.

"He said let us in." My voice is low and gravelly, and I'm surprised at it. Still, Cole doesn't budge. "Will?" I step back, and Wilbur takes my place. He grabs Cole by the shoulders and pushes him back a bit- not roughly, just firmly enough to move him and send a message. I run in through the now-empty doorway, looking around for where George could possibly be.

"Back off!"

"Bite me, bitch!" I hear Cole and Wilbur yelling from behind me, and I quickly run from room to room, searching for any sign of him. Finally, I come across a door, opened a crack. I can hear quiet sniffles from inside, and I know at once that this must be it.

I barge in, freezing at the sight. George was sprawled under the sheets, shaking with silent sobs. He was naked, just covered by the sheet. The collar was still around his neck, bruises surrounding it. In fact, George seemed to be in bad shape. In addition to the mottling of bruises around his neck, there were several purplish-yellow spots around his collarbone, and- was that blood on the sheets?

Since most of him was being covered with the sheet, I couldn't tell if there were more injuries than I could see. Although I was pretty sure that George was in a lot worse shape than I could tell.

"George..." I murmured sadly, feeling my heart shatter when he just stiffened and started crying louder. I carefully reached for him, turning him over gently so he could see. I hated the way he flinched away from my touch- even though I meant no harm.

"George, I-!" Cole burst into the room, red in the face. Wilbur stumbled in a few seconds later, with a bruise forming on his cheekbone.

"Get out, now," Cole demanded, fists curled. I stood my ground, looking back at George. He was wide eyed, cowering under the blankets a little. He was shaking more than before.

"No," I say nonchalantly, like it didn't matter. In actuality, it mattered a lot. This might just be the most important moment of my life, in fact. Cole opens his mouth like he wants to say something, but then a siren starts to fade into earshot, and Wilbur and I smile smugly.

Time to pay, you disgusting piece of shit.

Yay things are starting to look up 😍😍

So act I is almost over... so we'll be starting act II (maybe I'll post an intermission or smth if people give me some ideas for that (hint hint give me ideas for that)

The intermission would be like one or two chapters in between act I and act II as a lil break if y'all want that, idc tho just whatever y'all want is good with me