Act II: Part 30

LAST CHAPTER?????? POG?????

um yeah so I got excited and wrote this in like 40 minutes lmaoooo uhhh yeah so... voting for a new story is still open for a few more hours (I'd say maybe until tonight, maybe midnight EST?) so go vote if you haven't already!!!!

TW/CW: mention of C*le, quick mention of nightmares, mention of PTSD/anxiety, kissing

Previously...

"Dream... I..." I struggle to say no, which makes me second guess myself. I can't tell him no, I just can't. Maybe I do want this, then?

Exhaling softly, I get up on my tippy toes, leaning into Dream's chest for balance. Gently, hesitantly, I connect our lips, letting him take control after that.

I guess this is really happening.

George's P.O.V.

It feels amazing. Like heaven served on a silver platter. I never knew a kiss could be like this. Dream was so tender and slow, making me feel safe and secure.

Despite all this, I pull away after a few seconds. I bury my face in his chest, knowing my nose and cheeks were probably a rosy shade of red.

"George?" Dream questions softly, slight overtones of concern in his voice. "Are you ok? Did I go too far? I'm really sorry, I shouldn't ha-"

"No," I mumble. "No, you didn't go too far... technically I kissed you, to be fair." I look up at him, sighing. "Dream, look, I... I liked the kiss. A lot," I admit. He smiles, nodding enthusiastically.

"I did too."

"But..." His smile drops, and I feel guilty, looking back down at the ground. "I don't feel ready for a relationship right now... I'm really sorry. I'm not going to ask you to wait for me, because I don't know when it'll be... if I'm ever ready..."

"George, I'd wait for the rest of our lives if I had to. You are the only person I want, and I'd do anything for you. And if that means waiting, then I'll wait. As long as you need."

"Dream..." I murmur, shaking my head with a smile. "You really don't have to do that, I don't want to hold you back-"

"Don't you finish that sentence. You aren't holding me back, I promise. There's no one else I want, only you. And you're worth the wait," Dream insists, smiling.

"...Thank you..."

~

It had been a few months since my first stream in Florida, and things were looking up. Dream and I went back to making content, at first we would take turns using the PC to stream, but eventually that wasn't necessary anymore. After a few calls with Wilbur, we were able to get my PC shipped over, setting it up in my room to avoid echo.

After talking to Wilbur about getting my PC shipped, I started calling him more and more often. Other than Dream, he was the only person who knew what had happened. He was always kind and careful with what he said, which I appreciated.

Soon enough, our talks changed. I told Wilbur about Dream and I, and our somewhat complicated relationship-but-not-really. He listened, and talked me through a lot.

"Do you feel like Dream would hurt you? In any way?" He asked.

"No... I don't think he would. But I just can't help but wonder-"

"Gogs, no, you're just freaking yourself out, man! Don't overthink it. It's Dream, you've known him for most of your life, and I think you know he wouldn't do anything like that," Wilbur pointed out. "Am I right?"

"Yeah..." I sigh. "Do you think I should?"

"I say yes. You two are clearly head over heels for each other, and it might be really good for you, too." I him, nodding even though he can't see me.

"I guess..." I stand up, exhaling slowly. "I'll call you when I do it, ok? Bye."

"Bye." Wilbur and I both hang up, and I head downstairs to find Dream. He's in the living room, on his phone. He looks up as I enter the room, eyebrows raised in interest.

"Hey, George, what's up?" He sets his phone down, holding his arms out. I gladly accept, climbing into his arms and laying on top of him. This had become more commonplace over the past few months, as we both got more comfortable cuddling with each other.

"I wanted to talk to you about something," I murmur, feeling somewhat nervous.

"Go ahead."

"Ok, well... do you remember that first stream? And after... when we kissed?" I start, watching Dream's expression. When I mention the kiss, he smiles wistfully, like he's imagining it in his head.

"How could I forget?"

"Well... um..." This is not easy to talk about. "I was talking with Wilbur, and he helped me realize that... maybe... maybe I might be ready? For... us?" I see Dream break into a big grin, yellowish eyes lighting up excitedly.

"Yeah? You think so?" He's practically giddy with excitement. "Then... you won't mind if I ask you to be my boyfriend?" Now it's my turn to smile.

"That sounds nice," I accept, moving so that our faces were closer together.

"Can I kiss you?" Dream questions, eyes flickering between my eyes and my lips. I nod, eyes fluttering shut as our lips connected.

Nothing was more perfect. We fit together as if we were built for each other, and his lips feel like they belong against mine.

It's a bit different than our first kiss, but just as good. Maybe even better, because of the new meaning behind it. The new title, making Dream and I officially more than just best friends.

We pull away, gasping lightly for air. I smile, tucking my head into the crook of Dream's neck. Wilbur was right. Dream was different, he was better. He would never do the things that Cole had.

Funny, that name used to instill cold blooded fear in my veins. But now? It all just feels like a distant memory, or a bad dream. It can't hurt me anymore. It was hard to accept, but I know for certain now that I'm safe. I'm safe in Florida, I'm safe with Dream. All the bad stuff is in the past, and guess what? It's the future now.

It took me a long time to believe it, but I do now. And it feels good, knowing that I was able to overcome it all. Sure, maybe I would have the occasional nightmare, or a rare breakdown, but that's ok.

I know I'm strong, Dream tells me all the time. He's proud of me, and I'm beyond grateful for him. I probably wouldn't have been able to recover from this if it wasn't for him. And look at us now... cuddling on the couch, the new label of boyfriends slapped onto our ever-evolving relationship. It's perfect. I wouldn't want it any other way.

But anyways that's the end, thank you so much for reading!!! Hopefully this never happens (or happened) to any of you reading this <3 I love you all, and if you ever need help make sure to reach out to someone. There are countless hotlines available, and there's always the internet as well. We support each other in these comments, alright?

Thanks again for reading, much love to you all <3 have a wonderful day and I hope to see you back for my next story!!!