Act II: Part 25

Look at all these updates woah

Looks like we're reaching the end of the book soon

I'm... almost done??? This story is literally my longest (not including oneshots obviously)

but soon I can pick a new story idea and start planning it out :) (might ask for a vote, or might just pick one myself idk)

Thank you to busy_bees_ for their idea!!!! <3

TW: mention of the rules, VERY quick mention of nsfw content

Previously...

"Can I talk to you about something?" I murmur, staring down at the floor. Dream tilts his head, taking both our dishes and putting them in the sink.

"Yeah, of course. What's up?" I look him in the eyes, holding a strictly serious expression.

"I want to tell you more."

George's P.O.V.

"You do?" Dream raised his eyebrows in surprise, smiling widely. "I'll listen to whatever you say, Georgie." I let out a soft snort, rolling my eyes with a playful smile.

"Yeah, ok Dreamie, but I'm typing it," I answer, seeing his smile falter for a split second.

"That's ok. Whatever makes you comfortable," he decides, sitting back down next to me. I've been thinking about what I wanted to say for the entirety of breakfast, so there's no hesitation when I start to type.

I don't know if I ever mentioned this, but I had a lot of rules I had to follow. I want to list them off for you, ok?

I show Dream the message, watching him carefully. He nods, eyes scanning the short paragraph.

"As long as you're ok with telling me, I'm good." I can tell he's getting antsy, hiding his desperation for knowledge poorly. Taking a deep breath, I begin to list off all the rules I can remember off the top of my head.

no cheating

no speaking

no fighting back

always obey whatever orders are given

always wear the collar when in the house

no sitting on the furniture without permission

no eating without permission

no leaving the house without permission

no talking/hanging out with friends

always swallow

With a sigh, I set my phone down, nudging it closer to Dream. I don't watch his reaction this time. I don't really want to see it. Surprisingly enough, I feel grounded and safe, which is a welcome change from what I've gotten used to over the past few months.

Dream reads over the list, gasping lightly before looking up to me.

"George..." he breathes, frowning deeply. His look is one of pity, and I don't like it.

"I don't want your pity," I state firmly, holding my ground well. Dream nods, sighing.

"I know, but this is just..." He shakes his head, unable to finish the sentence. He seems almost... sad? I guess it must be a little surprising, considering that I haven't really gone too in-depth with what happened.

"You know what we're going to do?" Dream asks, expression becoming more serious. "We're going to have you break all the rules. Or..." He frowned, glancing back at the list. "As many as possible. Obviously we can't... we can't break all of them..." I nod, pushing at his shoulder gently so he wouldn't continue.

"Therapist Dream? Pog?" I joke, seeing the unsure look on Dream's face disappear.

"Well, that's one rule broken," he shrugs, grinning. I smile back at him, suddenly wanting to break more of the rules. I run to the fridge, grabbing a container of yogurt and a spoon, eating directly from the carton. Dream raises an eyebrow, chuckling.

"There's another one broken," he counts. I put the yogurt down, licking my lips. With a running start, I jump over the arm of the couch, tumbling onto the sofa with a giggle.

"Another!" I exclaim happily, seeing Dream grinning from the other room. This feels right. It feels normal. I missed this feeling.

Rolling off the couch, I walk right past Dream, waving at him and opening the door. I take a deep breath of the hot Florida air, grimacing and heading back inside.

"It's too hot outside."

"I could've told you that! It's always hot here, plus it's August, so..." He shrugged, looking at me with a look I couldn't quite place.

"Right." I think for a minute, squinting. "Umm... oh, tell me to do something!"

"Hmm..." Dream faked a look of deep concentration. "George, do the dishes."

"No!" I yelled, laughing. I had to admit, Dream's idea of breaking the rules was pretty good. With every broken rule, I felt more and more free. Like every act of defiance lightened the weight that held me back.

I was free. I was safe. And who knows, maybe things could go back to how they were.

I scan over the list again, checking some off in my head. Obviously, like Dream said, I couldn't break them all. But as I go down the list, I realize that I had already broken a bunch of the rules before today.

"How do you feel?" Dream questioned, tilting his head.

"Really good." I see his smile brighten, eyes squinting happily.

"Yeah? Maybe I should be a therapist, I'm pretty good," Dream bragged lightheartedly. I snort, rolling my eyes.

"Idiot."

Honestly reading this back it feels a lil stupid (not the idea just the way I wrote it??? Mhm idk I'm tired)

Follow me 😤😤