Act II: Part 27

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO DREAM WOOOOO

you know what this calls for? ANOTHER CHAPTER AYYYYYYY

*ahem* enjoy

TW: anxiety

Previously...

Once both of us are in bed, George cuddles into my side, and I wrap my arms around him. The covers are kicked down to the end of the bed on my side, while George has a blanket partially covering him, even in this heat.

We cling onto each other, wrapped in each other's arms. It's quite comfortable, and I fall asleep to the sound of George's soft snores.

George's P.O.V.

I wake up feeling cold. Something was missing.

"Dream?" I slur sleepily, rubbing my eyes and sitting up. I don't see him anywhere.

"Dream?" I call again, walking down the stairs. The kitchen is empty. I can hear noise coming from the living room, though, so I check in there.

The tv is on, and Dream is sitting on the couch, quietly watching some random show. He must've heard me come in, because he looks up and smiles.

"Hey, sleepy head." Snorting playfully, I sit down next to him, shaking my head.

"Happy birthday, idiot." Dream gasps in mock offense, putting his hand over his chest dramatically.

"George! That's not my name!"

"Well, you're an idiot, so-"

"Pleaseeeeee? For my birthday?" Sighing, I lean against his shoulder, smiling.

"Happy birthday, Clay," I say softly. Dream raises his eyebrows, tilting his head in thought.

"Huh. I think that's the first time I've heard you call me that." I nod, humming in agreement. "In person," he adds at the end.

"Yeah?"

"Yeah. I like it."

"So... am I supposed to call you Clay then, or..." Dream lets out a chuckle, shrugging.

"You can call me whatever you want."

"Good. I like 'idiot' the best," I smirk, pushing a hand against his chest to get up.

"Geooooorrrrggggeeee!" Dream whines, getting up and following me into the kitchen. He drapes his arms over my shoulders from behind, head resting on my shoulder. I look at him, seeing a pouty face.

"Dream, I'm trying to get the cake, move," I grumble, feeling him back off so I could get into the fridge and grab the pan of batter.

"I'll preheat the oven," Dream murmurs, pressing a few buttons on the oven. "It'll beep when it's ready." I nod, setting the batter down.

"What do you want to do?" I ask, turning back to the blond. Dream shrugs, grinning.

"Spend time with my favorite person."

"...Me?" I wonder, smiling shyly.

"No, Sapnap." My smile drops for a moment, before Dream continues. "Of course it's you! Let's go watch something." I nod, both of us heading to the living room to watch tv. We sit down, before I let out something that had been nagging at my brain.

"How is Sapnap, anyway?" I question, voice barely above a whisper. Dream looks at me, eyebrows raised.

"He's been good. I talked to him this morning, actually. He asked about you."