Act II: Part 16

Ayo besties what is uP

I'm still camping 😣✌ also like... I flew today in a glider that was really fucking cool

But anyways its important to remember that the italics are parts that take place in someone's head

TW: anxiety, PTSD, flashback/hallucination

Previously...

Not only that, but Dream always made sure that I was ok when we cuddled together. He asked for permission for every little thing, which was so sweet and honestly pretty unexpected. Never in my life had somebody treated me as well as Dream did.

I yawned, scooting in closer so that my face was in his chest, breathing in his increasingly familiar clean scent. With a soft sigh, I quickly fell away to unconsciousness.

George's P.O.V.

I don't know how, but after those first words had left my mouth, it was like a weight had been lifted from my shoulders. Everything was suddenly a lot easier- I was eating better, sleeping better... as long as I was with Dream, of course. He was my rock, the one standing tall and strong through it all. I barely even flinched at his touch anymore. I trusted him.

Things were going well. It was almost back to normal... well, except I was still pretty quiet. I did say a few words here and there, but it was never much and I needed time to recharge after. That was probably the most disappointing part, I think Dream and I both thought that speaking once would be the key to getting my voice back, but that just wasn't the case.

It wasn't that I didn't want to speak. At first, it had been- I was far too afraid of the consequences. But now, all I wanted to do was talk. I wanted to make Dream happy, I wanted him to be proud of me. He would tell me constantly how impressed he was with me, but I knew he was disappointed that I wouldn't speak much at all. I was disappointed too.

~

"George!" Dream called, footsteps echoing on the stairs. He poked his head in through the door, looking at me sitting on the bed. "I have to go out and get a few things at the store, do you want to come with me?" I tilted my head curiously, raising one eyebrow in question.

"If you don't want to it's fine, I just thought it would be good for you to get some fresh air," Dream shrugged. I hesitated for a moment before getting up out of bed to follow him downstairs. He grabbed the keys, smiling as we went out to the car.

I was nervous- why wouldn't I be? There was so much that could go wrong, what if we got recognized? Dream hadn't revealed his face to the world yet, and I had basically disappeared for two or three months without any explanation.

Dream had told me that our friends have been doing their best to cover for me- without even knowing why they had to do so. I felt bad when I heard that, they all must be so confused... I hadn't really told any of them anything, other than Wilbur of course. I was told that Tommy had even gone as far as to show up at my old apartment looking for me- obviously finding an empty building. Wilbur had somehow managed to calm him down enough to explain that I had moved- not mentioning where, thankfully.

Everyone was worried, and as much as I wanted to reassure them that I was safe, I couldn't really bring myself to do it. Plus, somebody would probably start a call, and when I wouldn't be able to talk... people would ask questions. Better to just keep my head down and stay quiet.

"Hey, we're here," Dream spoke, startling me. I hadn't even noticed when we got to the store. Dream's eyes scanned my face quickly, eyebrows furrowing as he frowned. "Are you ok?" I take a breath, nodding with a small smile to better convince him. "Alright. Here, I made a list of everything we need, do you want to hold it?" He offered the small, wrinkled paper, which I took. I smoothed it out, reading over Dream's chicken scratch handwriting that had become familiar over the past month.

"We shouldn't be in there for very long, but it is a little crowded," Dream observed, pointing around at the parking lot. "Let's just go quickly, alright?" I nodded, following him into the store.

The store was big, but crowded. The checkout lines were long, despite the cashiers frantically scanning items. Dream sighed, looking at me with a half smile.

"If we split up, each take half the list, it'll be quicker, but..." he furrowed his eyebrows. "Only if you feel like that's ok for you." I glanced around the store, seeing all the crowded aisles. So many people...

"Hey, if you don't want to, that's perfectly fine. Whatever you want." I took a deep breath, tearing the list in half and handing one piece to Dream. I nodded determinedly, heading off to collect my half of the list.

I carried a basket, easily checking items off the list. Milk, eggs, soap- I picked out a strawberry scent, because I was getting tired of lemon. I even snuck in a small box of chocolate covered raisins, knowing Dream wouldn't be mad about it.

It was all going really well, actually. People just ignored me, and I ignored them right back. I got everything on the list in my basket, and was heading back to find Dream when something made me stop dead in my tracks.

I didn't believe it. There was no way. How? I thought he was in prison...

There he was, grabbing something off the shelf. Cole. I heard a loud clatter, and he turned to look at me. He got closer, approaching me with that same sick, twisted smile that haunted my nightmares.

"Hello there, kitten. Long time no see." Cole grinned toothily, laughing. He took slow, intimidating steps closer and closer to me. I yelped, tripping backwards over the basket that I had apparently dropped.

Please get away from me, please just leave me alone, please-

"George?!" Oh thank god, Dream's here. "George! Hey, it's ok, what's going on?" He rushed to my side, and I immediately grabbed onto his shirt. "George?" I pointed at Cole, only to lower my hand in confusion. The man standing there was just some stranger, looking incredibly confused and a bit scared.

"Uh- I'm sorry, I don't know what I did?" He shrugs. Dream looks at me, then back at the man, then back at me.

"Alright, sorry," Dream apologizes to the man. "I'm going to bring you to the car, ok? Can you sit there for a few minutes while I check out the groceries?" I nod, gripping his shirt even tighter. He practically carries me out of the store, people turning and staring at the sight. I can hear the whispers, so I hide my face in Dream, trying to calm down.

"Are you ok?" He asks, setting me down in the car. I crawl into the backseat, curling up on the hot leather. Dream starts up the air conditioning, locking the doors with a sigh.

"You clearly need some time, so just... sit tight while I get the groceries. If you want to play music, you can, the aux cord is right here." He frowns worriedly, glancing between me and the store as if he's debating leaving the groceries entirely.

"I'll be quick, please be safe, ok? And keep the AC on." Dream closes the door, jogging back inside to get the groceries.

I don't know how to feel. I was finally starting to get over it, at least I thought I was, and then this... no, it was all in my head. Cole was never here, he's still in jail all the way across the sea. I was safe here with Dream, in Florida. At least that's what I keep telling myself.

Mhm yeah this is good

Also idk if I ever gave this story a specific date? So lets say its late July/early August when this is taking place (specifically this chapter)

I needa take a piss goddamn