Act I: Part 5

Its almost 1 am, I have a headache and slight fever (got my second dose of the covid vaccine yesterday so its probably just a side effect) and I lowkey forgot I had half of this chapter written until just now so... I finished it quickly so I can go to bed :3

Its a lil shorter than usual but not much!! Next chapter will be intense though...

!!!note pov change!!!

TW: anxiety

Previously...

And hey, maybe things would get better for me- funny. Who am I kidding? Nobody knows about what's going on. I can't tell anybody, not with words. I don't see anyone other than Cole anyway!

So maybe I should just face the facts. I was going to die here, like this. Whether it would be tomorrow or 50 years from now, I didn't know. But I would certainly die trapped in this house.

**Dream's P.O.V.**

"Flight 147 to London boarding now." A voice crackled through the shitty airport speakers, words barely distinguishable. I wasn't worried about it- in fact, I had been sitting in the waiting area for my flight for nearly two hours now. I wouldn't risk missing it.

I had a regular economy ticket, since I had bought so last minute. I would've upgraded to first class if they weren't out of seats. So, I was one of the last groups to board the plane. Which is fine- I was planning on sleeping through it.

I had never liked heights- that was no secret. Even in the airport chairs, my leg was bouncing up and down rhythmically at the thought of being so high up in the air. But when it came to George, I could swallow my fears.

For George.

I sat down in a middle seat, taking a deep breath. It's fine, it's fine... no need to panic. The plane started down the runway, and I closed my eyes, head pressed firmly against the seat. Deep breaths.

Before I knew it, we were up in the air. See, that wasn't so bad. Now I could rest more comfortably- well, as comfortable as someone of my height could get. Which wasn't very. Still, when I closed my eyes, it didn't take long for me to fall asleep.

~

"Sir. Sir, wake up, you need to exit the plane." I blinked slowly, squinting at the flight attendant shaking my shoulder gently.

"Huh?" I mumble, rubbing at my eyes.

"You need to grab your stuff and get off the plane. Welcome to London!" I nodded, realization setting in. Guess I slept through landing... and through the passengers on either side of me leaving. I must've been really tired.

I unbuckle my seat belt, standing up slowly and stretching a bit before grabbing my backpack from the shelf and tossing it over my shoulders. I smiled at the flight attendant, holding onto the straps of my backpack as I walked off the plane and into the airport.

London. I was finally here. In less than an hour, I would be meeting my best friend in person for the first time. The thought was both exciting and nerve racking.

I claimed my luggage, did a customs check in, and walked outside to breathe the fresh- no, thick- London air. Getting a taxi was fairly easy, and after giving the driver George's address, I was on my way.

We stopped outside of a brick building, and I paid the driver, grabbing my stuff. Suddenly, this all felt a lot more real.

What was I thinking, just showing up unannounced? George would not be happy with me.

But I guess that mattered less. I was more concerned that my friend hadn't responded to any messages in over two weeks. It was almost like he had disappeared entirely.

I took a deep breath, reading the number on the building. It matched the address George had supplied, and I hoped that I would see his face once I worked up the courage to knock.

I set my luggage down on the sidewalk, grabbing the straps of my backpack for comfort as I paced back and forth a bit. This was going to be awkward at first- it had been awkward meeting Sapnap, but we quickly adjusted to it. It would be the same with George, I'm sure.

I couldn't just stand outside his house all day. I grabbed the handle on my luggage, dragging the bag behind me as I approached the door. A deep breath, then a triple knock.

The man who answered the door definitely wasn't George. He stared at me with a sour expresion on his face, and I swallowed my nerves enough to plaster a smile on my face.

"Hi, does George live here?" The man's expression darkened to one of... fury, maybe? The door was promptly slammed in my face. Ok... that was weird.

I backed away, sitting on the edge of the sidewalk. I scrolled through my camera roll for the screenshot I took, double checking that the addresses matched. They did, which only confused me further.

Who was that man? And where was George?

I kept writing after this but deleted it after I realized it didn't follow my plan (which I AM sticking to this time-)

But anyways have a nice day <33