Act II: Part 15

The current vibe is spraying the shirt I have to wear everyday with febreze instead of washing it bc I can't even be bothered to care

In other news today an entire classroom of children thought I was a boy and it was lowkey fun I didn't say anything about it but a teacher did 🙄🖐

Like god just let me have this "sHeS a GiRL" stfu I swear-

Anyways I have the built up rage of a unemployed 30 year old and I'm 16 so my future is looking nice and bright 🙃

TW: PTSD, quick mention of abuse

Previously...

I was confused, but proud. Even after I had been an idiot and messed up like that, George still felt safe enough with me to cuddle. And if that wasn't surprising enough, what he did next really shocked me.

George exhaled softly, opening his eyes to look up at me with a shrug and a smile.

"It's ok."

George's P.O.V.

I was cuddled in against Dream, ready to fall asleep. His arm was around me protectively, and I had only flinched slightly when he put it there. I was healing, and it was all thanks to Dream.

"I know I say this a lot, but I really am proud of you. You're so much stronger than you know," he murmured as I closed my eyes, tucking my head into the crook of his neck. I felt myself starting to nod off, and I had figured Dream was too, until he spoke again.

"You deserve the world, George. And I'll stop at nothing to give it to you, I promise." I feel lips kiss my forehead, and I'm jerked back awake, scrambling away from him in surprise.

Immediately, I could see his expression drop. He looked horrified at himself, full of guilt, shame, regret, and everything that goes with it.

"Fuck, George, I'm so sorry! I never should've done that, I knew it was risky but I was stupid and I promise I won't do it again!" He exclaimed, desperately trying to take it back. I stared at him for a moment, struggling to think of why he would do something like that. He couldn't have been thinking straight, he was probably sleepy and didn't even think about it... and why would he? Most people wouldn't care about a forehead kiss from their best friend.

And so, maybe I shouldn't either. After all, it's Dream. He didn't do anything wrong, just maybe a little past my boundaries at the moment. He probably didn't even know.

I closed my eyes, taking a deep breath. He didn't do anything wrong. He didn't hurt me. I let myself curl back up in his arms, looking up at him with a shrug and a smile.

"It's ok."

"You spoke!" Dream immediately gasped, eyes widening to saucers. I felt my body stiffen, eyes squeezing shut in fear.

Oh no I broke the rules I broke the rules I BROKE THE RULES-

"-orge. George! Breathe!" I was brought back to my senses, realizing I was hyperventilating. I concentrated on my breathing for a moment, slowing it enough to take in oxygen.

Dream reached out for me, caressing my cheek gently. I flinched violently when his fingers brushed against my skin, a sob catching in my throat.

"Your voice is beautiful. I wish I got to hear it more often," Dream murmured, smiling kindly. I kept myself braced for some sort of abuse, but it never came.

"You know I won't hurt you, yeah?" He asked, speaking softly and gently. "I love hearing you talk, George. I could never get tired of anything you have to say." I opened my eyes slowly, cautiously, looking up at him. All I could see was a soft grin and his eyes full of positivity and slight sadness.

He truly is too good for me.

I hesitantly smiled back at him, not enough to show teeth, but enough so that he could tell I was smiling. Dream hummed, wrapping his arms around me protectively.

"You're amazing, George, and so much stronger than you know. You've made a lot of progress, and I promise that no matter how long it takes, I will be by your side. For your entire recovery. Because I love you and you deserve nothing but the best treatment," he insisted. "But for now, let's get some sleep. I'll see you in the morning, Gogy."

I felt my eyes start to close on their own, drooping shut sleepily. My mind was hazy with sleep, but I knew I was safe and protected here with Dream. In his arms, I could block out a lot of the bad stuff. It was like some sort of augmented reality, filtering out all the negative stuff so that only the good was left.

Not only that, but Dream always made sure that I was ok when we cuddled together. He asked for permission for every little thing, which was so sweet and honestly pretty unexpected. Never in my life had somebody treated me as well as Dream did.

I yawned, scooting in closer so that my face was in his chest, breathing in his increasingly familiar clean scent. With a soft sigh, I quickly fell away to unconsciousness.

I feel like the fact that I only really remember writing the end part just speaks for itself

The amount of fucks I give has gone into the negatives oh no I don't care fuck this 🙄🖐

And I feel like I'm gonna be sick so that's really fucking nice literally fuck this I'm going back to bed I stg I hate everything