Meeting of Human and Gargoyle

A small boy with messy black hair, baggy clothes, and round taped glasses was walking along the outskirts of his hometown.

He had snuck out of his Aunt and Uncle's house to find adventure and hopefully a friend, since his cousin kept him from having any friends in school.

It was well after sunset when he spotted something interesting.

The boy's eyes widened at a very old shack near the edge of the trees, unaware of Brooklyn who was currently sleeping there. He slowly stepped forward, excited at the idea of possibly finding something cool inside.

He peeked around the corner, the inside looking darker than he expected. Pushing his glasses up his nose, the boy carefully stepped in, somewhat nervous, as he suddenly heard a slow breathing noise inside.

Is there a wild animal in here? He thought to himself, his heart racing, as a beam of sunlight from the setting sun suddenly shone down on possibly the strangest creature he had ever seen.

It's skin was a brick red color, two pairs of wings on it's back that covered it's body like a blanket and taloned hands and feet.

To complete the look, it's head was the most noticeable of features. It had a beak for a mouth, two horns on it's head above its white hair that was waist long. And the creature appeared to be sleeping.

The boy's body trembled from excitement and nerves. Where did this creature come from? Was it some kind of magic animal, Or an angel? He couldn't tell. He wanted a closer look, so he stepped forward.

Snap!

The boy winced as he realized he stepped on a stick. The creature stirred in his sleep, disturbed by the noise. The boy's insides squirmed as the creature turned its head and opened its eyes, that shone white and growled viciously.

He gasped in fright and stepped backward, not wanting to aggravate it even more. The creature then saw he wasn't going to attack, and settled down, watching him.

Brooklyn stared at the strange human boy. He looked quite young, possibly around ten years old and wearing clothes that were too big for him. It also depended on the fact that this child looked underfed, as well. The thing that interested the gargoyle the most was a lightning shaped scar on his forehead. How did he get that? He thought in interest.

The boy had a million questions, but only one came. He wanted to ask, what are you? But decided it sounded rude, for he didn't know if the creature could speak, but there was something about his eyes. They looked so intelligent. He took a deep breath.

"W-who are you?" He asked nervously.

Then to his amazement, the creature spoke in perfect English!

"I'm a gargoyle, my name's Brooklyn," it answered in a male voice.

This can't be! A real living Gargoyle? The boy thought in complete awe. He had only known of Stone ones in places like Notre Dame. But how did he get here?

"Where did you come from?" The boy asked curiously. Brooklyn tensed. He wasn't sure if this boy knew of magic or not, so he tried his best to explain.

"A rival of mine sent me here with his powers after trying to take him down, taking away my ability to turn to Stone during the day and separating me from my Clan in Manhattan. Because of my reckless action, I have no idea how I'm gonna get home or if anybody here will help me!"

This really struck the boy, he knew how the gargoyle felt, being separated from your family with no easy options to return home, or anybody friendly to help him escape.

Brooklyn then tried to sit up but he hissed in pain from his stomach and sore arms.

"Are you okay?" The boy asked, worried.

"It's nothing, really. Just got banged up a little. I'll be fine, I just heal slower without my Stone Sleep," Brooklyn quickly replied before wincing again. His legs and wings were fine, but his arms and stomach felt the worst. The boy had second thoughts about that, though. He could see through Brooklyn's acting. He did need medical supplies, before the wounds became infected.

"No, you're hurt. I want to help you, Brooklyn," he offered.

Brooklyn shook his head. "I don't want you to trouble yourself with me. What about your parents? Surely they wouldn't let someone as young as you be wandering around during this time?"

The boy cast his eyes down sadly. "I have no parents, I live with my Aunt and Uncle who hardly take care of me at all. They told me they died in a car crash, and my cousin treats me no better. He threatens anybody at our school not to make friends with me."

Brooklyn was shocked at what he said, but his heart felt pangs as he too remembered the night almost all of his clan had been smashed to bits by Hakkon and his brutal men; betrayed by the captain they called a friend.

"I-I'm sorry. If it makes you feel better, I too lost a lot of my family. There's only 8 of us now in my clan," Brooklyn said in a melancholy tone, still remembering that terrible night, for he had been down in the rookery when that all happened.

The boy felt something inside him connecting him to this mysterious gargoyle. They both had lost too much good family, and didn't have many friends.

He placed his hands on his hips. "I still want to help you, Brooklyn. You won't have a chance of healing by yourself out here. I don't care what happens."

Brooklyn's heart began to lift a bit at his words. He didn't expect to have a new friend on the first day in a strange place, even if it was a skinny ten year old kid with a strange scar.

"Thank you, just, don't get in trouble, okay?" He answered. The boy gave a big grin, as he began to go back to his house.

"I'll try and bring stuff to help you feel better, and food. I'm sure you must be starving."

Brooklyn then felt his stomach growl, and he smiled embarrassedly. "I guess," he answered in an awkward voice.

"I'll be back, you have my word," the boy promised. Brooklyn suddenly remembered something he forgot.

"Wait! What is your name?" He called. The boy turned, smiling.

"I'm Harry Potter!"