The Chamber of Secrets part 1

Again, things have gone from bad to worse. Hermione was Petrified, and they lost Dumbledore and Hagrid. With Brooklyn, Tom Riddle still haunted his dreams.

Madam Pomfrey had closed all visits to the hospital wing, fearing as though the attacker would come back and finish them off.

Some of the things that now irritated Brooklyn was Malfoy. He began strutting about the school like he owned the place since Dumbledore left, and even had the utter nerve to say that Snape would make a better Headmaster, making him want to pound the brat, though it wasn't in his nature to hurt young ones younger than 20, if you don't count Marcus Flint.

Dumbledore will return, I know he will, Brooklyn kept saying to himself constantly.

He hadn't been able to sleep for three days straight, scared that Tom would come back and use him to hurt more of his friends again, along with trying not to touch that horrid diary, keeping it secure in his saddlebag ever since Hermione was attacked. He had pretty much become paranoid central at this point.

What can I do, Goliath? I don't know if I can last much longer or pull myself away from Tom's control! Brooklyn thought sadly, gripping the bench as he sat at the table with Harry and Ron the next morning, having no appetite again. He had lost weight over the past few weeks because of this, and when he looked into the mirror this morning, his features weren't so pristine anymore: bags under his eyes, and his skin was quite pale, no longer it's beautiful red.

Okay, I'm seriously starting to look like a zombie right now, eurgh!He thought, shuddering as Brooklyn took a towel, trying to wash himself with the comforting warmth of the water, though it didn't do much. He made his way down to eat, despite the fact he probably wouldn't be able to again.

Then Harry remembered that Brooklyn wanted to tell him something.

"Brooklyn? Did you have something to say from last night?" Harry asked, noticing how somber and sleep deprived his brother looked. His head jerked up, as he remembered his vow to Hermione. Gaining what courage he had, he took a breath and was about to speak, when McGonagall interrupted with an announcement.

"There's good news. Professor Sprout has announced that the Mandrakes are ready to be made into the draft that will revive those poor people in the Hospital Wing! And let us all hope that this year will end with catching the culprit!"

Cheers rose up from the table, but Brooklyn remained quiet. Even though he was about to tell Harry, he just couldn't ignore that fierce look in McGonagall's eyes. She wouldn't show the culprit mercy, no matter who it was. He gulped nervously.

Brooklyn got up from the table, sneaking his way out while Harry and the others were distracted, pushing the door open and running out, wanting to get away.

Guess it is just me against him now. If I reveal myself being the one attacking everybody, who knows what will happen! Brooklyn thought, his head throbbing again as he hid himself in a broom closet, leaning against the back wall of it, and shutting his eyes, wondering what he was going to do now.

But that's when something different sparked inside him in just a few minutes. He was tired of hiding! Whatever happens to him, Brooklyn knew he had to finally stop Tom Riddle before he killed anybody.

He pushed the closet door open and stormed back up to the common room, where he yanked out the diary, eyes glowing fiercely as he wrote, determined to give Tom a piece of his mind.

Hello, Tom, I've come back.

Welcome back, Brooklyn. You couldn't avoid me forever... I enjoy you writing to me.