Snape Flees and the Battle Begins

Brooklyn stared at how Neville and Lex looked.

"Guys! You look- look..."

Neville grinned. "We look like Hell, I reckon. But these are nothing. Seamus is worse than me," he said.

Lex broke apart from Brooklyn who still felt rather amazed he was back among friends after months of being alone.

"I just knew you weren't dead, Brook! We did our best to protect the school and keep the kids spirits up, like you wanted," Lexington said, tears coming down his eyes. Brooklyn grinned back.

"Still kicking, and ready to kick his butt again!" He proclaimed, folding his arms.

Neville looked to Aberforth. "Hey, Ab, we got a couple more coming through," he said, much to the barman's dismay.

....

Neville and Lex led the group along with MacBeth through the tunnel.

"Never seen this passage before," Brooklyn said, looking around. It was big enough for him, too!

Neville grinned. "That's because it had never existed until now! The seven secret passageways were sealed off before the start of the year."

Lex frowned a little. "So this is the only way in or out at all, and you can call it wanting to kill yourself to try walking through the front door, it is flooded with Death Eaters and those, uh..."

"Dementors," Brooklyn interjected.

"Yeah, them," Lex said, shivering slightly, remembering his close call with one a couple weeks ago. If it weren't for Katie, he'd be soulless right now.

"Plus, now we got two new cronies working with our 'delightful' headmaster, called Alectus and Amycus Carrow, the Children of Discipline. They live to cause pain on others, and teach the Dark Arts, no longer defense," Neville informed.

"What happened to you?" Harry asked, pointing to some of his scars. "They wanted me to practice the Cruciatus Curse on the first years, but I refused. Things changed here," Neville said sadly.

"And not for the better, but fortunately Neville introduced us to the D.A., which is still going on," Lex added, getting close to the entrance. But then Brooklyn remembered someone.

"Uh, how's Katie been?" He asked, feeling himself going red. Lex ended up smirking a bit.

"Your girl's been rather devastated when we got your Patronus, I think she really likes you. But you'll probably get a talking to." Lex said, as Neville pushed the entrance open to the Room of Requirement, which had become a hideout. Brooklyn winced, knowing he was in trouble.

"Hey everybody! We got a big surprise!" Neville called to everyone, while the gang stayed back.

Brooklyn watched Seamus get up from his cot. "Ugh, not again, Aberforth, we already had enough of your cooking!" He grumbled.

Lex shook his head. "No, Seamus, it ain't that! It's well..." he grinned, stepping aside to reveal Harry and Brooklyn side by side. Brooklyn smiled. "Hey, uh, everybody," he greeted. All the kids stared, openmouthed, not believing this was real.

"No way!"

"It's Harry and Brooklyn!"

"I told you! I told you!"

Everyone gathered around, the brothers both grinning as they were surrounded by their old Hogwarts friends. Griff and Brody both shook hands with Brooklyn, welcoming him back warmly.

"We sure missed ya, Mate!" Griff said with a grin, with Brody nodding. "My mertribe know of Him attacking Hogwarts and will help in any way, to honor Dumbledore!" He revealed. Brooklyn nodded back. "That would be a big help, Brod!"