Demona's Search

A lone hooded figure roamed the dark streets of Knockturn Alley, casting her red eyes around the pitiful humans before her.

"Hey, you. Wanna play around?"

She turned her head sharply, hissing, at the sight of a drunken filth trying to flirt with her. But she moved toward him seducingly, deciding to play along.

"I very much would like to," she purred, then, with a frightening move, grabbed the poor drunken human by his throat, lifting him off the ground, as he gave a strangled cry of terror, staring into her red eyes as she snapped his neck, then threw him into a trash bin.

The figure wiped her hands on her robes, ruffling her wings as she moved along.

She had only arrived a year ago after finally convincing that pathetic trickster to give up his spell when she 'rescued him'. Goliath and the rest of them never even saw her coming, and ended up watching in defeat as she busted him out and carried him with her into the night sky.

In return with Puck giving up his spell, it removed her ability to turn human, now in her true gargoyle form day and night.

She roamed this different time zone for quite a while, searching for her victim until finally stumbling across Knockturn Alley.

She strode into the biggest shop there, Borgin and Burkes, frowning a little at the skulls and disgusting things on display. What these strange humans do to use magic these days!

She approached the front desk, and cleared her throat, calling out Mr. Borgin, who came into view.

He eyed this stranger. She seemed taller than any normal human.

"Never seen the likes of yeh before, stranger," he greeted in his oily voice, smoothing back his oily hair.

The stranger smiled. "And never again, I fancy. But I require, information from such a fine gentleman like yourself. I seek a particular person in mind."

Borgin raised his brow. "What's in it fer me, Missy?"

She raised her talons, and scratched the cabinet near her, leaving long scratches there.

"That cabinet's priceless! There's only one other that is the same!" Yelped Borgin in dismay. She flexed her talons in response.

"Think of this as your life in exchange for information. Now, do we have an agreement?" She purred in a threatening tone. Borgin gulped. This stranger was bloodthirsty, that was for sure!

Then, the stranger lowered her hood, revealing a fine looking face, red hair, pale blue skin, and glowing red eyes, as she put a talon under Borgin's chin and lifted him up to her eyesight.

"Now tell me, have you seen a gargoyle? A red one? For he's quite important to me."

"R-red gargoyle?" Whimpered Borgin. But then he recalled Lucius Malfoy a year ago mentioning a gargoyle at Hogwarts, what was his name? Wait! Was it Brooklyn? Yes!

"W-well, t-there's only one around here at the moment, u-up at the local magic school, H-Hogwarts. T-they called h-him B-Brooklyn, I think. Is that what you were talking about? Please don't kill me!"

She growled, throwing him to the ground. "I have no quarrel with you, Human. But if you ever tangle with me, Demona, I will cut your eyes out. But thanks for the information."

He struggled to his feet, shaking. "W-what do you want with him?" He asked Demona. Demona purred silkily, making him shiver.

"He's an old acquaintance. But we had a little history together, and I intend to have him pay with his very life!" She hissed, slashing her talons, breaking a skull near her to pieces.

Still shaking, Borgin then said something else. "I-I might know somebody who can be of assistance. He knows somebody that has been living in hiding for a whole era since the Dark Times. Cause you'll need serious dark magic to break into Hogwarts, and only he can help you."

Demona turned, suddenly interested. She leaned onto the desk, smiling. "I'm all ears," she purred. Brooklyn entered her mind again, and she grasped the table with her talons while Borgin told her about his acquaintance and the powerful dark wizard he is allied with.

Enjoy your peaceful moments while you can, Brooklyn my dear. For Demona is coming for you soon!