Demona at Spinner's End

A small fox along a riverbank was nosing an old bag of fish and chips, not aware of the strange people to eventually appear, until a small pop sounded, and it lifted its head, smelling the humans and seeing this strange phenomenon, along with another scent that didn't deem human or any other kind of animal he scented before.

It was taller than the two humans, and it's eyes glowed red. The fox sensed danger from them, taking off in a flash up the bank.

"Wait!" Called a harsh voice, and one figure drew her wand, shooting a spell of green light at the fox which yelped and fell dead on the grass. The red eyed figure moved toward the fox, turning it over with her taloned foot.

"It was only a pesky fox," she huffed, revealing herself to be Demona with Bellatrix and one other, Draco's mother Narcissa.

Bellatrix settled slightly. "I thought it was perhaps an Auror—Cissy, no! You can't do this!" She hissed, grabbing her sister's arm. Demona folded her arms at their petty squabble. The gargess had decided to tag along with these two women to see what Narcissa had wanted with this man Severus she was meeting with at his home, Spinner's End. She had disagreed on Demona accompanying them, but Bellatrix had reluctantly convinced her sister to take her with them to meet Severus, for whom she had yet to meet, the double spy for both Voldemort and Dumbledore.

"Don't we have business to attend?" Demona growled, causing the two women to look at her, and Narcissa yanked her arm out of her sister's grasp as she nodded. But Bellatrix folded her arms.

"He can't be trusted if he's with that old fool!"

"The Dark Lord trusts him!"

"Then the Dark Lord was mistaken!"

Demona gave a small hiss, grabbing Bellatrix and Narcissa sharply on their shoulders.

"This is wasting our time! We need to keep moving!" She snarled, startling them to stop arguing. Narcissa eyed the gargess with a sort of thankful look, but Demona ignored it as they continued on. She had no time to earn respect from humans, only to take care of business and kill her enemies for good.

The three of them quietly snuck long the alleyways, occasionally hiding from passing people by blending into the walls, until at last Spinner's End was right in front of them.

Narcissa glared at Bellatrix. "Bella, I've made up my mind about this, and you can't stop me."

Bellatrix narrowed her eyes as Narcissa knocked on the door, which was opened by Wormtail, who let them in. Wormtail had been dropped off by Voldemort to Snape's house after Sirius had been declared innocent, and that he was to stay put for a time until needed.

Demona growled softly at the disgusting inside part of the home; it certainly wasn't the most clean place on earth. Severus then appeared, a frown on his face at the sight of the unwanted company with Narcissa.

"So, your Demona," he then said, and she nodded.

"And you're Severus, an agent of Dumbledore as the rumors go?" She questioned leeringly, but Severus narrowed his eyes.

"Not quite, put that down, Bella. We mustn't touch what isn't ours," he suddenly said, Demona turned to see Bellatrix picking up an old item before putting it back, eyes flashing.

Narcissa sat on the couch and wrung her hands, as Severus waved off Wormtail for drinks.

"I-I know I shouldn't feel this way about this opportunity for my son. The Dark Lord himself forbade me to speak of it," she murmured softly.

"Then you shouldn't," Severus replied coldly. But her eyes looked most insistent, and he immediately understood, this was to remain between them.

"But I am aware of your situation, Narcissa. For I have played my part well, so well, I had deceived one of the greatest wizards of all time."

Demona narrowed her eyes. So he was still a Death Eater, or wasn't he? This human was most difficult at seeing what side he was on.

Wormtail had returned with glasses of drinks, bowing ridiculously at each of them, though he avoided eye contact with Demona, as well as he should. Wormtail still had his silver hand Voldemort had given him.

Narcissa held her glass tight, tears starting to fall.

"H-he's just a boy! I don't know why the Dark Lord even gave him the job at all! He wouldn't be able to do it!"

Bellatrix hissed silently. "You should be honored about this, Cissy and Draco! I would have done it, if The Dark Lord hadn't handed it over to Draco willingly, since now that he is 'of age' to join!"

Demona had mixed feelings about all this happening to Narcissa's son. Assigning a kid to assassinate somebody was not something she quite expected from her ally, but she did her best to ignore those feelings worry for the blond haired brat of Lucius, who was in Azkaban after the Ministry fiasco. It didn't matter to her in the least.

"I cannot change the Dark Lord's mind, but it might be possible for me to help Draco," Severus then suggested, and Narcissa had a happy and relieved look on her features.

Then Demona ended up witnessing a magic that she never thought she'd see: The Unbreakable Vow, where if you break it, you die.

Narcissa and Severus held hands, while Bellatrix spoke the words, magical bonds from the spell tying their hands together.

"Do you, Severus Snape, vow to watch over Draco Malfoy as he attempts to fulfill the Dark Lord's wishes?"

"I will."

"And will you to the best of your ability, protect him from harm?"

"I will."

And, if Draco should fail, will you yourself carry out the deed the Dark Lord has ordered Draco to fulfill?"

Severus remained quiet for a brief second, before he then spoke.

"I will."

Demona watched as the last bond snaked around their hands, before eventually disappearing. Now that Severus had done this, there would be no way he could back out.

She decided to keep this meeting to herself, and not tell Voldemort what had been done at the moment, less the brat should die. Demona also wanted to see how nicely this plan to save the brat from Voldemort's wrath would end, since they were humans, and most of their plans usually don't end well in her eyes.

And why would you care? You hate humans! Growled the voice inside her. She clenched her hands. Yes, she still wanted all humans and Brooklyn dead, but she couldn't ignore the fiery and passionate spirit in the Malfoy boy, who hated Potter and Brooklyn as much as she did. Perhaps there could be just one exception and another human ally in her cause could prove useful.