The Chamber of Secrets part 2

Harry and Ron both hid in the closet of the teacher's lounge, listening in after finding out who the Monster of Slytherin was; a Basilisk.

"Who was taken, Minerva?" Pomfrey asked in concern and fear. McGonagall looked at her, her eyes tearing up.

"It was Brooklyn, the monster took him into the Chamber," she whispered in a tear strained voice. Pomfrey gave a small gasp of horror, a hand over her mouth at the idea of their gargoyle guardian being taken by this Monster of Slytherin!

Harry felt himself going numb and trembling. His big brother was gone!

He then slumped against the back of the closet in his daze, tears coming out of his own eyes. Ron took his hand. "We will find him, Harry. Everything will be okay."

After the teachers left, Harry and Ron had stormed into Lockhart's office after reading the new message on the wall that had sickened Harry's heart, who had ended up revealing himself as a fraud, and forced him to take them to the girl's bathroom.

Myrtle revealed how she died, and Harry opened up the chamber with Parseltongue.

The group slid down the dark slide, landing in a dark tunnel. They walked in for a time, until coming across the Basilisk skin. But that's when Lockhart turned the tables on them, trying to use Ron's defected wand to use a memory spell, but it backfired, wiping out most of Lockhart's memories, and making the ceiling collapse, separating Harry from the others.

Harry proceeded onward, dreading what he was going to find, opening another door, and finally climbing down the ladder into the chamber.

I'm coming, Brooklyn, I'm coming! Harry thought in determination, as his foot at last touched the ground of the Chamber of Secrets.

He stared in awe and fear at the chamber's design, the walkway lined with sinister snake heads, all leading to the foreboding statue of Slytherin. Harry was unprepared for who lay unmoving at Slytherin's feet though. For it was...

"Brooklyn!" Harry exclaimed in terror, running to his brother, and dropping his wand, kneeling beside him.

"No, Brook! Don't do this!" he sobbed, beginning to shake him desperately. Brooklyn was pale and cold, a small frown on his face, eyes closed. He was holding the black diary in his hands, and he wondered how it got into Brooklyn's possession. All his head did was move limply from side to side, like a rag doll. This scared Harry. If he was gone...

"Don't be dead. I need you, Brooklyn! Wake up! Please wake up!"

"He won't wake," a voice called. Harry looked up, seeing a young teenager with dark hair wearing Hogwarts robes stepping out of the shadows. His features were blurred, but he looked familiar...

"Tom? Tom Riddle? What do you mean, he won't wake? He's-he's not-."

Tom came closer, smiling. "Not to fear, your special winged friend is still alive, but only just I'm afraid," he replied. Harry was just in utter confusion. How did Brooklyn end up this way, and how was Tom Riddle still alive?

"Are you a ghost?" he asked.

"A memory, preserved in a diary for 50 years," Tom corrected Harry, pointing to the diary Brooklyn held.

Harry kept trying his best to wake up Brooklyn, to still no success, he remained unconscious and unresponsive. Harry would hate himself if Brooklyn had ended up dying alone down here before he could save him!

Unbeknownst to Harry, Tom had picked up his wand that he dropped.

Desperate, Harry looked up at Tom for help. "You've got to help me, Tom! There's a Basilisk!" He just stood there, smiling calmly. "It won't come until it is called."