Realizations and a Plan

Brooklyn was lounging outside on a beautiful sunny day by the Black Lake, waiting for Harry to finish his exams and practicing his magic. Thankfully McGonagall had softened up enough to pardon him from his punishment, and he was free again.

It came with the upside of the other Gryffindors realizing how mean they were and apologized, all the more reason he wanted to get outside more often, now that nobody was teasing them anymore.

He had come to enjoy the beauty of daytime even more while he was stuck in this strange time and world, especially with the sunrises and sunsets, plus the coming of spring. He also enjoyed the warm spring air that always blew softly in his face whenever he went on his walks.

Brooklyn knew he needed to enjoy this privilege of being in his true gargoyle flesh and blood form by day as much as he can, before one day he would return home, whenever that would be.

He still hated Puck for doing this to him, but deep down, he couldn't help but to remember to thank the trickster later for helping him be able to have fun with all of this, and connect with a part of his life that he had been missing.

He pulled up grass casually as he stared out at the water while sitting against a tree, wondering what his Clan was doing right at this moment, when the surface rippled.

Eyes widening, Brooklyn recognized the creature emerging from the water, the famous Giant Squid.

The creature didn't look like it wanted to attack as it watched Brooklyn with curious eyes, almost similar to a human's. He gave the Squid a small smile, and it let out a strange noise, that almost sounded like it was purring.

The Squid reached out with one of it's tentacles, but not in a threatening way. It was almost a greeting.

"Hey, there, just enjoying this beautiful day," Brooklyn greeted in a gentle tone, mixed between happiness and a little bit of homesickness, too, as he gently took the Squid's tentacle. It gave a gentle crooning sound as it waved and sank back into the lake.

Brooklyn blinked a few times. Was I really talking to a Giant Squid? He thought, laughing softly inside as he shrugged and laid down on the grass, shutting his eyes as the twittering of birds comforted his soul like a hug. He really needed this.

A while later, the school bell rang and Brooklyn made his way back to the castle, thankful for another peaceful afternoon since the Forbidden Forest nightmare.

He caught up with his friends who just finished their final exams.

"So... how'd it go?" He asked. Hermione answered first.

"I thought that Hogwarts end of year exams were frightful! But I found them to be quite enjoyable!"

Ron rolled his eyes. "Speak for yourself! I thought I was going to pass out during Potions!"

Brooklyn laughed at their different perspectives, but then he noticed Harry was holding his hand over his scar, which seemed to be hurting him.

"Harry? Are you okay?" He asked in concern. His brother was wincing in pain.

"It's my scar. It's been like this all day!" He grunted.

"Perhaps you should see the nurse?" Ron suggested. Harry shook his head.

"No, I think it's a warning."

Brooklyn narrowed his eyes. "Well, whoever wants to mess with you will have to get through me, first!" He proclaimed bravely. Harry smiled.

As they ventured through the field near Hagrid's house, Harry halted in his tracks, a sudden thought hitting his brain.

"What?" Ron asked.