Umbridge Gone and the Search for Sirius

It was on the last exam day when it had happened, Harry had received a vision of Sirius captured by Voldemort in the Department of Mysteries. He tried going to McGonagall, but she had been moved to St. Mungos. There were now only three people he could go to.

He ran to Brooklyn, Ron, and Hermione and told them about it, but Hermione looked pretty worried.

"Harry, are you sure this is real?" Brooklyn questioned. Sure, it had been real with Ron's dad, but he wasn't so sure about this one.

"Yes! We need to rescue him! Besides you, he's the only real family I have left!" Harry shouted back, eyes looking crazy with desperation. Brooklyn put a hand on his shoulder.

"Just think, Harry. Perhaps... we should check first before we go rushing off to the Ministry? I just don't want you in danger because Voldemort might have sent you a false vision to get you to him and Demona again."

Harry stared into his gargoyle brother's pleading eyes, and then knew he was right. He nodded.

Then they all created a plan: Ron and Hermione would distract Umbridge and her Squad with the help of some close members of the D.A and Griff, while the brothers get into her office. After hearing an explosion from one of the Twin's fireworks that Ron was using, Harry and Brooklyn quickly (but stealthily) snuck inside into her office.

This was Brooklyn's first time in Umbridge's office, and he called it to be the worst thing he'd ever set foot in, pink everywhere that could blind somebody, and photos of ugly kittens lining the walls that mewed and moved about in their frames.

Harry grabbed the Floo powder from her desk, and threw the powder in, the flames turning green. The two of them put their heads inside, shouting out "Number 12, Grimmauld Place!"

Instead of his whole body being pulled into the fire, it was his head that was, for Brooklyn's feet remained planted in her office.

Then at last the brothers were looking into the kitchen. But they couldn't see anybody, not even the London Clan. All who was there was Kreacher of all people, who spotted them.

"Ah, look who it is, Potter and gargoyle's head in the fire, what are they doing here, Kreacher wonders..."

Brooklyn growled. "Can it, Kreacher. Where's Sirius? Me and Harry need to speak to him!" But the elf merely smirked, sending a rush of anger through him.

"Nobody here but Kreacher, gargoyle!" Cackled the mad elf, making the red gargoyle growl even more.

"Where has Sirius gone? Harry roared after him. Brooklyn could make out Kreacher's bald head among the table legs.

The elf gazed down. "Master would not tell Kreacher where he goes."

"You know something! I know you do! And where is the London Clan?!" Brooklyn shouted, and Kreacher then gave the brothers a cruel smile that sent shivers down his spine. No... the vision couldn't be real, could it?

"Master will never come back from the Department of Mysteries. Kreacher and his Mistress are alone again! And your other devil friends are gone for good!" Kreacher cackled once more as he scuttled away, leaving a furious Harry and Brooklyn cursing him.

Brooklyn suddenly heard Harry cry out painfully, and his head then vanished. Horror filled him until hands grabbed his wings still back in the office harshly, yanking him out, the kitchen disappearing until he was staring into Umbridge's furious face. Harry was thrust into a chair.

"You think, for one moment I would let a few measly students and Gargoyle distract me from finding you in my office using my fire?" She snarled into Brooklyn's face, but he didn't flinch, wanting to bite off her face.