Christmas and the Mirror of Erised

Harry and Brooklyn's brother relationship grew stronger over the next few months, making Brooklyn the happiest gargoyle there since they first met.

Now, in mid-December, Brooklyn had many other reasons to be happy; because he woke up to see beautiful snow on the ground and covering Hogwarts like a blanket; shimmering in the beautiful sunlight like many tiny crystals.

Christmas was coming, too. Brooklyn was excited about this holiday just as much as Halloween, even though he missed the feast. He made a vow not to miss this one.

Harry and Ron had asked Brooklyn what Christmas had been like for him in Manhattan, and he explained in great detail how the city came to life during this time of year.

"They always lit up this giant Christmas Tree near Rockefeller center. My clan and I always went to watch them turn on the lights. This tree was probably bigger than Hagrid's!" Brooklyn proclaimed.

They both smiled at his description of that.

Before the holidays began, Harry informed Brooklyn of news that he had received from Hagrid (who shouldn't have said that) while he was... well... moody.

Brooklyn was extremely interested in this mystery man that came up, Nicholas Flamel. And that the three headed dog christened 'Fluffy' was also another one of Hagrid's pets.

They tried looking through the library to find out about Flamel, but nothing. Hermione was especially annoyed because the library almost never fails her until now.

And now on the week of Christmas break, Brooklyn, Harry, and Ron were sitting at one of the long tables in the Great Hall; enjoying the snacks that were laid out and playing an interesting chess game called Wizard Chess.

Brooklyn was having fun watching his brother getting bested by Ron twice. And now he was going to try again.

The gargoyle himself tried to play but eventually decided that strategy games weren't his area of expertise after witnessing his King piece's head getting chopped off by Ron's knight. Brooklyn needed to take five after that gruesome display.

Hermione came in, carrying her trunk and ready to head home for the holidays, right on time to see Ron best Harry, again.

Brooklyn nudged Harry in the arm with his elbow. "He's got you again!" He teased, with Harry glaring at him, but in a fun way.

Hermione simply rolled her eyes at the brother humor.

Ron noticed her. "Well, I've see you packed," He observed.

"See you haven't" she retorted back.

"Well, change of plans, my parents decided to go to Romania to visit my brother, Charlie. He's studying dragons there."

Brooklyn was interested. "I didn't know you had a brother that worked with dragons! I thought they were dangerous!"

"Well, they are, but Charlie's been doing this since he left Hogwarts, so he's the dragon expert in the family. He would like to meet you, though. Because you almost look like a dragon."

The gargoyle looked a little embarrassed. "Er, well, let's not go that far in comparisons." Harry gave a laugh at that. "I can totally see you breathing fire!"

Hermione rolled her eyes again. "Lovely, you two. Since I'm not going to be here, you'd three better get busy looking for Nicholas Flamel," she said in her usual bossy tone.

Brooklyn himself was feeling bored of visiting the library day after day. If they didn't find out who this Flamel guy was, he was going to jump off a cliff!