Sirius's Story and Lions Vs Ravens

Things have gone downhill for Ron and Hermione since Scabbers went missing. Ron was now rarely speaking to Hermione at all, and whenever he did, he spitefully shames her about Crookshanks eating his rat. Brooklyn did his best to try and settle things between them, but Ron had taken Scabber's loss pretty hard to lose all sense of reason.

Once again they were arguing, with Hermione even yelling at Harry who tried to point her to the evidence, leading her into a breakdown.

"Oh, sure! Side with Ron! Everything's always my fault, isn't it! First the Firebolt, now Scabbers! Just leave me alone, Harry and Brooklyn! I've got a load of work to do!"

Just seeing her running away crying like that, made Brooklyn snap at Ron.

"Okay, Ronald. I've tried to remain calm trying to fix you two, but you've taken this too damn far! You've said plenty of times that he was useless and was getting old, anyways!"

Ron replied by giving Brooklyn a cold glare.

"Just stay out of it! You didn't know him like I did! And what about you? You could've kept that darned cat out of the dormitory! With your appearance like a devil, I bet you could've scared any kind of predator away from Scabbers, but no!"

Brooklyn flinched from his cold words, especially at the insult, devil. None of this was his fault! Sure, he was the Guardian of Hogwarts, but it was the owner's job of keeping an eye on his pets, not his! His hands balled into fists in anger.

Fred glanced back and forth. "Uh, okay, guys. Let's just take it down a notch—." He started, but Brooklyn was on the precipice with his anger. He once again had been called a devil, and that was the word to set him off.

"That's it, I've had it with you, Ron! Sort this out yourself!" He snarled, swishing his tail in fury, as he stalked away, leaving Ron, Harry and the Twins looking quite stunned, and maybe with Ron looking a little guilty at calling him a devil.

Harry gave Ron his own glare after Brooklyn left, and Ron looked down in shame, now wishing he could take that insult back.

...

Brooklyn found himself sitting near his and Sirius's usual meeting place by the black lake, now glad he escaped the suffocating dormitory before he accidentally hurt anybody physically out of his anger. The soft wind blew on him, calming him down a little, though he still felt flecks of tears coming as that word devil rang in his ears.

He was unaware of Sirius approaching him.

"I haven't seen you for a couple days, Brook. What happened?" He asked, somewhat surprised at the sight of the gargoyle's angry look.

"Nothing too serious, mostly from two of my friends fighting over a stupid cat and rat, but other than that, just peachy." Brooklyn grumbled, throwing a rock in the lake, and a grindylow, a water demon, broke the surface and chittered at him furiously before diving back under.

Sirius sat down with him. He didn't know if he could fix the Ron and Hermione problem, but instead, he did something else.

"Hey, did I tell you that besides James, I had two other friends?" He asked. Brooklyn looked over, a little surprised. This was a story that Sirius hadn't told him yet, most of them were about Harry's father.

"We formed a small group of making mischief together, called the Marauders. There was Remus Lupin, and Peter Pettigrew. It was the closest thing I had to a real family."

Then Brooklyn remembered something. "Hold on, Fred and George gave Harry something during Christmas called the Marauder's Map. It was really yours? Harry and the Twins will go nuts once I get the chance to tell them!"