chapter 1- training

She awoke to a cold hand pressing on her shoulder.
she knew it was time. time to start the task she did everyday, and everyday she started to feel more dead inside.

she didn't remember much about her childhood, and for that matter she didn't remember anything before the age of 11. she was now 19, and it was time. time to do what she was built for.

"you need to get up", A familiar voice said,
as she looked up from the small cot in her room.

"why? you know i hate fighting with them." she rolled back over, only to find the woman pulling her out of the sheets so she wouldn't get into trouble for being late.

"you know it only makes it worse when you don't show, get dressed i'll be outside" the woman walked away as she pulled on her suit and black combat boots, which she remembered wearing since she was a child.

she looked in the mirror of the small bathroom she had become accustomed to over the years. her eyes were heavy, her hair a mess. she looked like she was going to faint from exhaustion at any moment. but she knew she had to make it, or nothing would get better. but at this rate, maybe it wasn't getting better if she went or not. either way she wasn't her own person, she was who they wanted her to be, who they raised an constructed her to be.

she took one last look in the mirror, splashing some cold water on her face, just so she wouldn't look like she had just crawled out of bed, when that was exactly what she did. she heard her friend banging on the steel door, causing her to jump and hurry out.

"i'm here i'm coming!" she rushed out and met her friend standing against the door post.

"клянусь, капров убьет тебя на днях" (i swear karpov is going to kill you one of these days)

the woman said under her breath.

"И это будет день, когда я наконец выберусь из этой адской дыры" (and that will be the day i finally escape this hell hole)

she said throwing her arms in the air, not caring if anyone else was to hear her.

the woman shook her head as they both walked into the room.

"your late" A booming voice said, yelling across the room at her and the woman standing beside her.

"i'm sorry i jus-" she tried to apologize but it was no use. he cut her off in the middle, only to say something she never thought she would ever hear. and definitely not what she wanted to hear either.

"y/n, your up first. you and soldat(soldier)."

her eyes grew wide as she knew what was coming. the soldier he spoke of was a weapon, only there to train the new recruits. to break them in. she'd never been up against him since she had been 13. and even then he nearly killed her. he stepped up to the middle of the room, almost robot like. no emotion, no character or disposition, no soul.

she felt a small pat on her back, her friend trying to comfort her as she knew what was also coming.
she hesitantly stepped up facing him. her hands shaking and her left eye twitching from the fear building inside of her.

she started to feel a tense vulnerability about the fact she was small. maybe 5'4. she had no super strength. no weapons, only her fighting skills she learned from such a young age. on the other hand this man was a super soldier, he had been known for completing over 12 dozen assassinations, and he had a metal arm. which did not help her case in winning.

"okay, you know the rules. no weapons, no sloppiness, no mistakes. no one taps out until you are dead or close to it, clear?"

she shook your head yes, as she could feel the soldiers eyes piercing hers, as if he was trying to read her soul.

she steadied her hands into fists as he just stood there, waiting for the order to attack.

"three, two, one. fight"

as the man declared the fight started the soldier charged toward her, no regards for strategy or subtlety.
he threw a punch with his flesh arm, her dodging it only to upper cut him, an kick him in the stomach.
he backed away, almost unfazed at what she had done. when really that had taken up almost all of her energy. he came back, looking more stern then before, if that was even possible.
he threw another punch, this time with his metal arm, she ducked at his attempt only to find him connecting her face with his knee as she lowered.

she fell to the ground as she saw your friend mouth
"get up please."

she knew she was right, it was either get up and fight, or lie here and die.

she got up, which shocked some others watching.
he started to come at her, when she jumped, kicking his head with her boots an twisting his arm backwards, bringing him to the ground. she knew she wasn't strong enough to hold him. he was a super soldier, she was only very good at strategy, an since he had none, she didn't know what to do.

he eventually got out of the hold, taking her throat an landing her face up on the ground. he started to wrap his metal arm around her throat, knowing he had orders. he couldn't stop. she clawed and begged for him to. he just looked at her, an almost sadness filled his eyes. the no emotion man she'd known for all these years finally had something in him that showed her he possibly felt remorse, that he wasn't totally inhumane.
she felt her airway start to constrict. the light growing darker every second. she managed to get out a word
just before, "p-please." he looked at her, knowing what he was doing was wrong. but not being able to stop. before she knew it everything went black. she believed she was dead, it was the end.