Chapter 29- newcomer

I plopped down on the couch in between Steve and Pietro. "Hey boys, what are we watching?"

My brother gave me an evil smile before clicking on the TV for the movie, "the conjuring."

"Oh hell no, that movie is fucked!" I yelled as I attempted to get up. Then, making my way out of the room, I turned my head back to shout at Pietro, "have fun with thinking there's a shadow in your room when it's just a coat asshole!!"

Just when I turned my head back, I smacked into someone's chest. Looking up at the person I ran into, he smirked down at me, holding my arms in place, so I didn't fall.
"Well, are you a clumsy one. I thought trained assassins were stealthier than this."

I pushed a fake laugh out of my throat, slowly slipping my arms out of his grip.
"I'm sorry, I was just leaving.." I trailed off, wanting to learn his name.

"Loki and you are y/n..correct?" He questioned back.
"Yes. I'm y/n. You were there when I came back, right?"

He nodded, turning my body so he could move past me...even though the hallways we were in were the size of a mall.

"So you don't like scary movies?" He asked. I hesitated, looking at him then towards the movie room. "I never have. They freak me out."
He chucked before bending down to whisper, "there's
Scarier things than fake ghosts, darling."

He moved past me. I followed him back into the makeshift theater Tony had made. He sat down next to Thor as I placed myself back in between Pietro and Steve. I smiled, taking the popcorn from Pietro.
"Hey!" He argued before speeding to the kitchen to get another and back within a second.
"Show off," I muttered before swinging my leg over Steve's leg as he placed his big palm on mine.

Natasha gave me a side smirk before Pietro pressed play. I threw the blanket over mine and Steves legs as I snuggled into his side. He wrapped his arm protectively around my waist as my head leaned on his chest.

The movie was halfway through as a jump scene came. I flung myself into steve, as did he. We both hated scary movies. I had learned that in the few days I had spent there the first time. It seems like forever ago. Two years can hold a lot of time, and unfortunately, mine was spent killing innocent people. Well, they weren't innocent in Hydra's viewpoint. But it mines even if they weren't particularly saints, and they had families, they had friends, they were people. I could see in their mind as I killed them without hesitation—all the destruction I caused. But now I was home with my family, and they will never get to go to theirs.

Steve, nudging my shoulder, ripped me from my thoughts as he snaked his other arm around me, pulling me close. "are you alright?" he questioned.

Was I alright? I didn't know how to answer that. I wasn't, really. All the memories of me striking a knife into someone's throat or putting a bullet right into someone's brain. I couldn't get it out of my head.

"Yeah, I'm okay. I'm just gonna get something to drink, okay?"I countered as he released me from his grip, giving my hand a tight squeeze in reassurance like he knew what was going on in my head...which he didn't, but apparently, someone else did.

I strolled into the kitchen, opening the fridge to get a bottle of water. I grabbed the cold refreshment as I closed the door, only to see a figure behind it. In instinct, punching it right in the nose. in a moment's notice, I realized who it was, the strange raven-haired man I had come to know as Loki.

"oh my god." I covered my mouth with my hands in shock. "I'm so sorry. I should've known you were there. my mind isn't as strong right now."

I clutched his nose in pain as blood trickled down his lip. "it's quite alright. Don't worry about it." He chuckled as he slipped onto the barstool next to the breakfast counter.