Chapter 8- memories

She looked at the woman in shock who had just called her, her sister.

Looking as if she might pass out she held onto James. He held her back, not in a romantic way, but as if he was a protective older brother.

"I-I don't know you, please take me home."
She cried into James.

They all looked around as if they had just seen a ghost.
"Please y/n, you are our sister. We grew up together, went to school together. We were experimented on together. How can you not remember this." The man said with a thick accent, inching closer to her.

She looked away, holding tighter onto James.

The man looked angry, the woman looked hurt with tears welling up in her eyes.
"Look she was 11 when hydra took her."
James hesitated at his next sentence, knowing she might hate him after saying it.

"They wiped her brain. Erasing all the memories from her past. The only thing is that she never got them back like I did. I have glimpses of my past. I remembered my name. But she lost everything."
He explained, his voice breaking every few words, knowing she never understood why you wouldn't remember your past.

She backed away slowly, looking at him with disgust, and hurt.

"You knew?"
She asked almost whispering.

He looked at her with sorrow in his eyes. He wished he could look away, but he couldn't.

"Y/n, please i-"
He tried to explain, but she interrupted.

"You knew! Oh my god how could not tell me James!"  She screamed pulling away from him.

She started to cry, realizing not only was her whole life a lie, but one of the two people she called a friend, also kept the truth from her.

As she backed away the woman reached for her,
She pulled her hand and walked away from all of them, tears streaming down her face.

His eyes started to well up, knowing what he did.
All the sudden she wasn't sad, or felt any despair. She was angry. He lied to her, everyone lied to her.

"I- i can't be here right now. Just go- go away!"
She cried falling to the ground.

She felt the energy in her hands start to glow.
The power hydra had given her, but never let her use.

Thor started to walk toward her as James stopped him, "don't touch her, not when she's like this."

She stared into the ground crying, her powers building.

She heard more voices coming towards them, as she got up, her eyes glowing a light blue.

They all started to back away, even James though he knew you wouldn't hesitate to blast someone.

"I can't believe I was so stupid to let myself think you actually cared"
She lifted up a hand, ready to throw James the farthest she could.

As she raised her hand, James squinted his body scared of what was about to happen. She gusted energy from her hand, only to be stopped when a man jumped down with a shield.

 She gusted energy from her hand, only to be stopped when a man jumped down with a shield

Her eyes beamed, as no one was ever able to stop one of her blasts.

"Move so I can shoot him!" She said, determined.

"I'm sorry ma'am I cannot do that." He exclaimed fitting his shield into the holster on his back.

She grew angrier as she used her powers to lift herself over him and in-front of James.

"I didn't think of that." The man says with an inconspicuous tone.

She elevated her arm to hurt him, but before she could she left a light click on her wrist, and one on the other.

"What the hell?!" She yelled trying to break the metal cuffs off of her.

She turned to the man with the shield, rage overtaking her.

"Look ma'am you were going to kill him. Their just limiters until we can get you to calm down."

She keeps her arms up, still confused about everything but ready to fight if she needed to.
"Tell me what's going on and then I'll calm the fuck down!!"

She screams, inching closer to the man.
He puts a hand on her shoulder which she quickly swats off.

"Don't touch me, tell me where the hell I am and what I'm doing here!"
She hadn't gotten any answers since they got in the jet, even then it was half assed, and not the full truth.

"Please just come inside with me and I can explain."
He said moving closer with a soft tone in his voice, just trying to break the tension.

She looked at him, her anger subsiding. Eventually her hands dropped to her sides, as she stared into his ocean blue eyes.

"No lies. Ill know when your lying, it's one of my powers, so don't bother to."
She muttered reluctantly relaxing her body.

"I promise." He said holding out his hand to shake hers," what's your name?" He asked.

She shook his hand back, "it's y/n, and yours?"

"Steve, Steve rogers. A pleasure to meet you"
He slowly backed his hand away, keeping eyes contact.

She nodded as in approval. He gestured to the giant building behind them, as they walked into it.

James was behind her. She walked as far away from him as she could. Not wanting to be anywhere near him.
She didn't know where she was or who she was with. But for some reason, she felt calm, for the first time in a long time.