Chapter 23- fight

My eyes widened as James started for me. I backed into a wall. Not only was I weak but the bracelet on my ankle prevented me from using my powers, as I had learned while trying to break out of the restraints.

"пожалуйста, Джеймс, не делай этого!"
(Please James don't do this!)

But he didn't stop, he kept coming, and before I knew it his metal hand had wrapped around the base of my neck.
I tried to cry and scream but it was no use, I was loosing oxygen, and fast. He picked me off the floor, dragging my back up against the hard concrete wall. I clawed my hands at his arm, not doing any damage but a few scratches.

I could feel my eyes almost popping out of my head. I thought my brain would explode. I grabbed for his face, scratching his cheek with my nails, which only made him more angry. He tightened his grip on my neck, if that was even possible.
He moved his body towards mine, his cold eyes staring into my soul. Then I thought of it.

I kicked my leg into his groin, causing him to release the hold on me. I fell to the ground wheezing. As he stumbled back, I clawed at my neck trying to catch air, scratches formed on my skin, surrounding the rising bruises. I saw his boots standing before me as I looked up a hard metal fist collided with my face. I yelped, banging my head hard against the wall. I knew he wouldn't stop. He was ordered to fight me, even if it meant killing me. I didn't want to die, not like this. Not by him. I needed to find something to trigger him. But I couldn't speak, I tried to, nothing came out. Not to mention I didn't know who I was let alone know more than his name. He had sure damaged something in my vocal cords though, that I knew.

I couldn't stand. As I lifted myself to sit against the wall, I could feel the blood dripping from the back of my head. I knew he would attack me soon again. And before I knew it, a hard boot crashed into the right side of my abdomen.
One
Two
Three
Four times.

I doubled over in pain. Staring at the ceiling, seeing him look at me with no remorse.
I had to do something and I had to do it soon. I shut my eyes trying to find something in my memories to help. Just something. Then it came. Me and him training when I was a kid, the first memory I had with the soldier. He helped me up, almost feeling bad for me.

*flashback*

"вставать!!"
(Get up!)

Karpov screamed through the echoing room, seeing me lay on the ground, surely to have broken a rib from getting knocked on my ass by winter.
I did as I was told as I slowly and painfully rose to my feet.

"пожалуйста, мне нужно пойти к врачу, я больше не могу этого делать сегодня"
(Please, I need to see the doctor, I can't do this anymore today.)

I kept my eyes down as I held my side, not wanting to see his reaction. Which as usual was not good.
I was right. He stalked towards me, as I cowered to the wall.

"как вы думаете, будет ли врач в этой области? нет. продолжать"
(Do you think there will be a doctor in the field? No. Keep going.)

He retracted, nodding to the soldier. He looked hesitant. Almost like he could see I was pleading for this to end. This was the first time I could really see emotions flowing through him. He was more than just a pet to HYDRA, he was a person.

"пожалуйста"
(Please)

I squeaked, only allowing him to hear me.
And as he did his demeanor changed. His fists dropped, his eyes softened, his brows relaxed. He was sorry.
As I had asked he picked me up and took me to the doctor on base, without even looking to see Karpovs reaction. And not caring about the consequences he would endure later.