Chapter 14-Intruder

We all sat down to play, after awhile everyone was getting tired. Especially me, my head resting on Steve's shoulder.

"Hey I'll take her up." Pietro offered standing up.

But Steve quickly interjected,"no it's alright I got her."

As he left Pietro gave him a glare, basically saying  'hurt my sister and I will you'
Glad looks can't kill.

I could feel Steve lifting me, his arms under my legs and another arm supporting my back.
I could hear the conversation fade, the elevator button, even him struggling to open my door with me in his arms.
But I was way too tired to stay awake.

As he laid me down he went to leave, but before he did I grabbed him arm.

"Hey, thank you"

He turned back with a confused look on his face. He crouched down eye level next to me.

"You know you say thank you too much. Earlier tonight and now."

I smiled, taking in his as well, like I never want to forget it.

"I have too much to be thankful for now. Two days ago I had nothing, now I feel like I actually deserve to be alive."

I almost whispered as I felt myself falling asleep, trying to keep my eyes focused on his baby blues, that I was somehow getting lost in.

"Trust me, you deserve to be alive even if you weren't here y/n, I don't know you all that well but from what I can tell, your an amazing person."

I smiled even wider if possible, grabbing his hand to bring it to my chest, our fingers intertwined, resting there.

"Your too kind Rogers, too kind."

And like that, I fell into a deep sleep.

______________________
My eyes started to flutter open, I knew it was night because of how dark it was in my room.
I looked over to the clock on my nightstand,"2:18 am"
I swung my legs over the bed, looking in the mirror as I walked out. I was still in my dress from last night, but I didn't have the energy to change.

I got up to get a glass of water, taking the stairs because I didn't want to wake anyone by using the elevator.

At least it was only 2 flights from my room.
I walked down the stairs, hearing a noise from the kitchen. I knew Tony had a Roomba that swept through the compound 24/7, that's probably what the noise was.

I got to the kitchen, pulling a glass from the cabinet, going over to the fridge and pulling out some ice. The air felt thick, almost Erie.

As I closed the freezer door a hand grabbed my neck.
The glass I had dropping to the ground. He backed me into the kitchen island, still having a hold on my neck.

He had a mask on, but his eyes looked strangely familiar. His grip had tightened on my neck, making it almost impossible to breath, let alone ask what he wanted.

Still suffocating me he leaned in next to my ear.

"The boss wants his property back. So let this be a message."

I would know that voice anywhere, Rumlow.

Suddenly I felt a hard metal touch my shoulder. Me still being in the dress I had on yesterday, almost every part of my skin exposed.

"Bring the winter soldier and you to the place you last remember, or else everyone you've just met, dies."

He cocked the gun, pressing it further into my shoulder to muffle the sound, as he pulled the trigger.
Pain instantly filled my body. Not even being able to scream, his hold still on my neck.

"Don't let us down, hail hydra."

He whispered into my ear as he dropped my neck, I landed on the floor, excruciating pain spreading throughout my body.

I saw him walk away from the corner of my eye. I couldn't move. I laid on my side, seeing a pool of crimson spread. I just hoped someone would find me in time.

I felt myself start to drift off, knowing that wasn't a good sign.
I've been shot before but always had someone there to help.

Right now I had no one, even if I was surrounded in a building by people. At this moment I was totally alone.

I laid there thinking of ways I could push myself up the stairs or crawl to the elevator. I wasn't making much progress after what seemed to be hours.

I slapped myself trying to wake up, when I remembered, F.R.I.D.A.Y.

"Friday!"

I yelled with a weak voice.

"What can i assist you with miss Maximoff "

"Call everyone into the kitchen"

"Miss its 3:45 am"
I didn't realize how long had been down, I needed to get someone quick.

"It's an em-emergency"

"Yes miss, calling everyone"

I heard the alarms going off in the rooms above me, everyone shuffling down.

I was starting to drift off, when I heard a voice scream.

"Y/n?! Oh my god. SOMEONE GET BRUCE."

I tried to look up to see who it was, turning on my back. My vision was blurry, focusing in and out.
It finally fixed on the person above me.

I grabbed his arm. Almost clawing at his flannel shirt.

"Hey don't move okay? It's gonna be alright just stay still."

My eyes started to close, feeling a heavy weight on them.

"Hey- hey don't go to sleep. Okay?! Don't go out on me now!"

I opened my eyes looking into his deep blue orbs that looked sad, as I whispered, "Steve"

Suddenly everything was dark, and the pain was gone.