chapter 2-  conscious

her eyes started to flutter open at the sound of a banging on her door. she was in her room, laying on her bed. the last thing she remembered was the soldiers face in front of hers, pulling the life out of her. she sat up only to get a piercing migraine and lay back down. the banging on her door didn't cease. she screamed, "come in!" but they still didn't stop. she knew she had to get up. she sat up trying to ignore the pounding from her head.

she opened the door handle as the soldier who had almost killed her, stepped in. she looked at him with terror overtaking her. she sat back down on her bed, rubbing her head.

"what can i do for you," she asked hoping he wasn't there just to finish what he started.

"we have a mission, get your things and meet me outside." he said with no regards to the fact of what he had done earlier.

"a mission? why us, and where?" he didn't answer, walking out and closing the door behind him with force.
"great, ignore me."
she started to pack a bag, only bringing the necessities. an extra combat suit, a hair brush, deodorant, the basic hygiene items. she left her personal items in her room. she never took them with her on missions, just in case someone was to find them and figure out who she was. but even then she didn't care if they did. at this point she didn't even know who she was. was this life a dream? was she imagining it? she didn't know, but there was a void where her childhood was. no memories, no recollection of who she was before hydra. sometimes she tries to concentrate, maybe she can remember something, a glimpse of a memory. but it never works.

she walked out to the truck, flipping her winter coat on with her bag in hand. the soldier she was assigned with loaded her bag in and got in the back. there was a man in front. she knew him. he worked alongside karpov, mostly trading weapons or dealing. she looked out the window as the engine started and drove out of the base. she had only been out in the real world a couple of times. all which had to do with the missions she had been assigned. the car ride was silent for a long time. the man threw a file in between her and the soldier. she picked it up first.

"in there is your mission, you have two fake ID's just incase and aliases that we've covered with social security numbers. no one will find out it's a fake." the man explained as she read through the file.

their target was an older man. maybe late 70's. Sergei Ivanov. had been helping with dealing Russian arms to the Americans. there wasn't much else listed about him besides his location and known contacts.
she tried to pass the file to the soldier, but he kept staring forward. they arrived at a private airport. the goal was to be discreet, a private jet surely did that.

as they boarded the plane the man handed her a brown leather book with a red star in the middle.

"only use it if you have to" the man whispered. she looked confused not knowing what it was but accepting it anyways, like she had a choice. her and the soldier boarded the plane and sat down in two lounge chairs opposite from each other.

"it's going to be a long and bumpy ride, so get comfortable." the pilot exclaimed. she noticed his American accent but didn't think anything of it. it was weird for an American to be working alongside hydra, but maybe Karpov was finally recruiting more, getting what he wanted. after a few hours she started to get tired, her head still hurting from the combat fighting gone wrong. she knew she had bruises on her neck, seeing them before she left. she was scared to fall asleep, thinking the solider might attack her. but she was too tired, she started to flutter her eyes, and soon fell asleep.