chapter 32- i have no fight

Natasha's Pov

"How's y/n?" I asked, sitting down beside Bucky with a warm mug of coffee in my hands. He shrugged, rubbing his hands over his face.

"She won't get out of bed. She won't eat anything. Wanda had to help her take a bath and dress her. It's like she's frozen."

Y/n hadn't moved on her own since Loki walked her up to bed five days ago. We thought maybe she'd sleep it off and in a few hours be ready to help us search for Steve. That unfortunately was not the case.

"Maybe if we..." I paused, "Or we could..." Bucky looked at me with a sad expression. "I don't know what to do."

None of us did. We thought she would be busting her ass looking for him. We thought she would be searching through every HYDRA base and we'd have to talk her out of it.

We thought she would maybe tire herself out researching. But no.

She shut down. And none of us knew how to help.

Y/n's Pov

I heard my door creak open as a silhouette could be seen in the doorway. It stepped forward a little. Still not being able to see who it was I felt the exhaustion over the past few days diminishing from my body.

Was it him? He had short hair and muscles. He wore a tight shirt with khaki looking pants. Was it him? Was it Steve?

My hope was snatched from me when Loki stepped from the shadows, sitting down on my bed beside
me.

"Oh..." I mumbled, pulling the covers back over my body.

Loki's eyes squinted, "That's no way to address a friend."

There was one point I would've laughed. But I couldn't. I have no fight in me.

"I thought you were Steve." I stared strait at the wall, not meeting my best friends eyes.
I could tell I hurt him with that one. I knew Loki was just trying to help. Trying to get me out of bed or maybe to the lab to help the rest of the team search.

I was scared.

"Why don't you come downstairs? I'll make you some herbal grey tea?" I shook my head.

"What about some oatmeal?" I shook my head again.

"Okay, we can steal some strawberry pop tarts from Thor and watch him break another one of Tony's expensive vases?" Again, I declined his offer with a shake of my head.

I closed my eyes, hearing the door shut. I felt like my heart had been ripped from my chest. I had no idea what Steve was going through.

They had Bucky. They had me. They had my siblings, and we all suffered enough.

But this time they had Captain America. And I knew they wouldn't lose the opportunity to take advantage of that.
_________________
A/n: I hope you guys are liking the story so far! I know I didn't update this for soooo long. I actually had to go back and read it because i forgot what happened lol.

There will be around 10 more chapters then it'll come to an end. It will end on a happy note so no crying.
Okay maybe happy tears but no sad ones!!

Thank you for reading!

Don't forgot to vote as it helps the book!!