Chapter 27- im just home

The jet had been flying about three hours before anyone spoke. I felt guilty. I had hurt people over the past few years. I had killed people, I took their lives. I didn't know how Steve was supposed to forgive me. I was sent to kill him. I hurt him. I hurt the people I love, I—

"So y/n, your room is still the same." Steve said, ripping me from my thoughts. "No one changed it. All of your clothes are still in the closet. Tony didn't change anything, he even had the cleaners come by your room after ours."

I nodded, not knowing what to say. I felt bad that Tony felt obligated to still keep my room up.
"Okay thank you."

I pulled my knees up to my chest, wrapping my arms around my legs, resting my chin on my knee.
I could hear my stomach rumble, I was hungry.
I couldn't remember the last time I had food. They
Would sometimes bring food to my cell, but even that was rare. I wanted to ask but I didn't know how to. I had lost a lot of weight. From what I last remember I was fit, I had muscle. But now I was basically skin and bones. My powers helped me with combat so they didn't care if I wasn't physically trained. Now you could see my ribs. But I didn't want to be an inconvenience, especially to the people who basically saved me.

It's like Steve could see the gears in my head turning.
Before I could speak he did, "are you hungry? I can have nat cook something up before we get there?"

I nodded softly.

He gave me a small smile, holding his hand out, as if asking for mine.
I slipped my hand into his, as I leaned my head into
His shoulder. He locked our fingers, as he tucked a piece of hair on my forehead, behind my ear.
"I thought I lost you forever y/n."
I looked up at him. His blue eyes staring down at me, his eyes subconsciously telling me more than he was saying. My hand slid to his face, the pad of my thumb slowly stroking his cheek.
"You can't get rid of me that easy Rogers."
He smiled, pulling me into a kiss. His lips felt soft on mine. His tongue delving past my lips. His hands roamed my body, one hand resting on my hip, the other placed on my arm. My other hand slid up to the back of his neck, pulling him even farther into me. I kneaded his hair, tugging on his soft blonde hair.

We continued, pulling each other's body closer to one another. Only stopping when we heard someone clearing their throat.

I slowly jerked away from Him, keeping my hand on his shoulder. I saw my brother giving him a deadly glare, both his arms crossed like a father about to scold his children.

"We're here." He glared even harder at Steve, walking away to the entrance that was slowly opening.
"Thanks Pietro." Steve called back.
I could hear my brother mumble something under his breath, probably an insult or judgment over what he had just caught us doing.
"He's just mad because your our little sister. He wants to protect you." Wanda exclaimed with a smirk, looking in Steve's direction.

I smiled, pulling my legs down from the tight grasp my arms held them in. Wanda held out her hand for me to take as Steve grabbed the bag from the floor that held my suit and other tactical gear hydra had given me.
The door of the jet touched the ground. I could already see familiar faces smiling, waiting for our arrival. Everything in my mind was still blurry but I knew these people. Thor stood beside Natasha, both of their arms wrapped around each other, huh wonder when that happened. A black haired man stood behind Thor, wearing some weird armor suit. Tony and Pepper also wrapped in each other's arms smiling and waving us down.
Vision floated gracefully over to us, immediately brining Wanda into a heartfelt kiss.
I smiled knowing they had been denying each other of their feelings since I last saw him. Sometimes it helps being able to read minds.

Natasha ripped from Thor, sprinting over to me, engulfing my body in hers. My head fell into the crook of her neck, my face bombarded by her long red hair.
"I missed you y/n." She stepped back, her hold on me still present. "Please don't ever leave again."
Pulling me back into a hug I mumbled in her shirt,  
"well it wasn't exactly my fault the first time."

I could hear her crying. We had become rather close before hydra took me back. Shopping trips, movie marathons, stark parties.
She was my best friend, besides my sister.
I had never had a best friend before, especially not one who cared so much about me like she did.
Even the friend I knew in the red room was most likely dead. The last I saw her, she was being pushed into a van, her dirty blonde hair was still visible as she drove away, leaving me at that base two years ago.

Natasha eventually pulled back from the hug, both of us wiping our tears. The next thing I knew I was being bombarded with yet another hug, Thor.

"I missed you so much munchkin." I rolled my eyes at the nickname.
"I might be short but I can still throw you into the side of a building Thor." I mumbled into his arm.
He let go of me laughing, bringing himself back over to Natasha, wrapping his arms around her waist.
I brung my attention to Tony and Pepper. He looked bad. His eyes bloodshot, his hair a mess.

"Well you look like shit Tony."
He glared at me for a moment before grinning like an idiot and also brining me into a hug.
I wasn't much short than him, maybe a few inches. But his hugs always felt like something I had been missing, my dad. Tony could never replace him, but he sure as hell filled that hole in my heart.
"I missed you kiddo. You scared the hell out of us."
He patted me twice on the back before Pepper pulled my body to hers. It felt like I had a family again. Of course it helped that both my siblings were apart of it but I was happy to be back.
Pepper pulled away, her arm draped around me as they led me inside.
I still didn't know who the man with the raven hair was behind Thor, however he kept eyeing me, I was interested in his story to say the least. But his mind wasn't open, I couldn't see anything.
I shrugged it off as we all walked through the doors of the compound.
The familiar mixed scents hit my nose. Wandas spices from the kitchen, Natasha's sandalwood and vanilla perfume, Thor's Asguardian liquor collection.
All the things that made this place, this place, coming back to me.

I smiled like an idiot as we all sat down in the lounge. Natasha instantly in Thor's lap, wrapping her arms around him. Steve sat by me, his arm surrounding my waist.
Vision and Wanda laughing. Tony and Pepper bickering about something that most likely Tony did.
James sat in the seat across from me, a small smile curving his lips up.
Pietro was talking to the man with the black hair, both of them deep in conversation.

Steve saw the smile on my face as he pulled tighter around my waist. I looked up at him, subconsciously interlocking our hands.
"What's that smile for?" He asked me, softly rubbing his thumb over my hand.
"Nothing I just-" I glanced around at everyone. The people I had come to love, the people that had been there for me when I had no one. My family.

"I'm just home."