Kleptomaniac, meet other kleptomaniac (rewritten)

The room almost vibrated from the volume of the music playing. A teenage girl danced around her room singing along to the music. "She's as willing as playful as a pussy cat momentarily-"

She was cut off as someone behind her cleared their throat. She spun around to find 4 men at the doorway to her bedroom. Quickly, she ran to turn off the radio. "Who are you? I'm assuming my mom let you in."

"I'm Logan," introduced the man in the brown leather jacket.
"We'll maybe knock next time Logan. And who are you three?" She said while pointing at the tree other people who had now stepped into her room.

"My name is Charles Xavier."
"I'm Hank."
"Hey, I'm Peter. And yeah, your mom did let us in."

The African American girl approached them to shake their hands, "I'm Domino."
"We know," Logan replied as he pulled out a blunt. She shook Charles hand and managed to snag his watch. She pulled him in for a hug and patted him on the back. As she did so she reached down and took his wallet. Hank didn't seem have anything in his pockets or on his person. It looked like all his belongings were in his fanny pack and it would be harder to steal from him unnoticed. Logan also had no belongings on him so she shaked his hand and moved on.

Lastly, Domino shook Peter hands.
"I know half the things here are stolen. Nice work,"
Domino looked at him sceptically and walked back to where she was originally standing.

"She's a teenager," Charles muttered to Logan.
"Again, didn't think she would be this young."
"I can hear you both. And I'm not young you're just dinosaurs," sassed Domino. Peter covered his mouth while laughing causing Domino to crack a small victorious smile.

"I know you're names but I don't know what you want."
"We need you to help us break into a secure facility," Logan told her. "Wow straight to the point. But why do you need to get in and why do you need me?" She questioned. "Because we need to get someone out of there and with you're powers it can be easier," Charles explained.

"What do you mean powers? Super powers? I don't have any powers. None at all. Super powers are from comics. I don't got powers, you guys crazy or something?" Domino rambled.

One moment Peter was across the room and the next he was standing right behind her. "You don't have to lie you know." Domino jumped in shock. Logan showed off claws made of bone that protruded out of his hands, "We're like you."

"Are those your bones? Nasty," she grimaced. Domino thought a moment before piping up again, "I still don't get why we need to break into a secure facility?"
"We're breaking out an old friend so we can stop another old friend from getting herself killed and endangering all mutants," Charles explained.

"Okay, I'm in. I have nothing better to do," she smirked. Somehow, Domino managed to convinced her mom to let her go. Her excuse was that Peter was a friend from school and Hank, Logan and Charles were their ride.

Logan drove the car and Charles sat in the passengers seat. Domino was forced to sit between Peter and Hank in the backseat. She pulled out Charles' wallet and looked through it. It was what people usually have in wallets: money, keys, ID. But something really caught her eye. It was a business card for a school.

"Yo, Charles. What's with this school for gifted youngsters? Are the gifted youngsters mutants too?" asked Domino. Charles turned back and looked shocked to see Domino with his wallet. "How did you even get my wallet?" He said as he reached back and snatched it back. "I took it from you when I shook you're hand. It was pretty easy."

"Great! Now we have two kleptomaniacs," Charles sighed, "did you take anything else?"
"From you? Yes. From anyone else no. It's nothing personal but you were the easiest to steal from."
Charles sighed again from exasperation and turned back around. 

"So when did you find out you were a mutant?" she asked Peter, hoping to break the now loud silence in the car. "I was 11. These kids at school were just being assholes and I wanted to go home so I run away. Next second, I'm infront of my house. It was really wierd, I thought I had imagined it or something until it happened again the next week.

And for a while I was really confused and kinda scared because everything was going so slow but my mom found out and helped me as much as she could. Now all I do is just using my powers. What about you?"

"I was 14 and I was walking underneath this bridge and it was kind of dark so it just made everything like horror movie level scary. This lady she walked past me and it felt like I had gotten a brain freeze only 100x worse. Then everything went hazy and I didn't even remember getting home and I definitely didn't remember her.

A few days later these guys were bothering me saying such cruel things and suddenly it felt like thousands of voices were screaming into my ear. I could hear the guys voices but their lips had stopped moving. I ran home and locked myself in my room and for the next two weeks I tried to avoid everyone. I thought I had gone crazy and I didn't want to be put in a psych ward so I hid it, told my mom I was sick. And I remember that woman tampering with my mind and making me forget but that obviously didn't work now that I had that same power.

It took me three weeks to realise the voices weren't mine but they were everyone else's thoughts. But now I can control it so it's fine."

"You're a telepath?" Hank looked to her with curiosity. "No. I thought that too but it's not just telepathy. I copy other powers. Because that lady was a telepath I copied her. And this other time I saw this guy and he could make people vomit on command and suddenly I was able to do it too," Domino explained.

Hank looked even more interested than before, "if someone had physical mutation would you be able to copy that?"
"I'm not sure. The guy who could make people vomit had a physical mutation but I didn't try to copy that. If I meet more mutants in the future I could try and experiment with that."

The rest of the ride was spent discussing the plan for the prison break and after half an hour of driving in that odd smelling rental car they reached The Pentagon.

Words: 1150