Shit father

By now, Peter had burst into tears. This was a lot for him to process and it was understandable for him to cry but he still felt embarrassed. Not only was he crying over his father, which was bad enough in his eyes, he was crying in front of Domino. The same Domino who he has only known for a few days.

She probably thought he was a complete loser and was only comforting him to be nice. She talked to him in a calming voice as she hugged him close. Telling him it was going to be okay.

After what felt like hours but was probably only a few minutes, he pulled away and wiped his tears. The boys calmed himself down and sat on his bed. Domino did the same. "I'm sorry," she whispered.

"Don't be sorry. It's fine. I don't know why I cried I've hated that guy, my dad, for as long as I can remember. It just sucks that I met him and didn't even know it,"
admitted Peter. He frowned and looked away.

This made Domino hug him a second time. They sat there like that for ages, Peter trapped by Domino's loving arms. He felt so happy and so sad at the same time it made him want to cry all over again. He didn't but he felt like it.

"I need to be alone for a bit," he told her, "Is that ok?" She looked at him understandingly and nodded. She got up and left.

That night she was restless. Worrying about Wanda and Peter apparently made you unable to sleep. Through the night, she thought of different ways that she could help Wanda and Peter to feel better. Wanda especially since she wasn't as close with her but Domino still wanted to make sure she was okay.

Then again she wasn't that close to Peter either. They had only known each other a week. That wasn't a long time. Although, they had become very good friends since then. Maybe it was because both of them had never really had true friends before. Or maybe because they're both mutants. They both steal a lot, that might be it.

She wasn't sure why she's was suddenly questioning her friendship with Peter. She pushed it to the back of her mind and tried to get at least a few hours of sleep.

The next day, she went over to Peter's. He let her in but he seemed off. Instead of being his usual energetic self he was sluggish. He just stayed in bed the whole time she was their. He didn't tell her to go away or stop talking but he just lay there.

Domino was very concerned. She knew he didn't want to be alone because when she got up to leave he told her to stay. She knew he didn't want silence either because when she stopped talking for too long he told her to keep going.

She told Peter whatever came too mind just so she could cheer him up. He didn't speak much but he did smile which was good. After a while the chair got uncomfortable so she moved to sit on his bed.

Calmingly, she played with his hair and spoke some more until he fell asleep. In his sleep Peter moved his body closer to Domino's. Domino decided "what the hell?" And moved into the bed as well.

As Peter slept and Domino tried to, they were basically cuddling. Not basically, they were. Peter had his arms around her and their legs were entangled. "Damn this guy is comfy," Domino thought to herself.

Later, Peter woke up but he didn't move. If anything he pulled her closer. Domino wasn't about to complain. If this is what Peter needed them that was cool, she wasn't going to judge.

However she couldn't stay there forever, she had to go home. But the next day she returned and did the same routine. This carried on for a few more days. Occasionally, she would talk with Wanda and once she even hugged her. Wanda was no where near as upset as Peter was. She just seemed angry but she got over that almost immediately.  She was acting normal so Domino dedicated her time to helping Peter.

One day while the two were cuddling, Domino spoke up. "Erik is a jerk. And a shit father if he's making you feel like this. Forget him Peter." Peter nodded and nuzzled into her even more.

And what do you know? The next day Peter was back to his normal self. "I need more Twinkie's. Can you get me some more Twinkie's. I need way more. I ate a bunch of my stash so. Please Domino. I need Twinkie's. Please!" He begged.

Domino, being the kind soul that she is, did go and steal some Twinkie's for him. And by some she meant a lot. Like three boxes worth.

When she brought them to Peter he thanked her and smiled. God that smile was so beautiful. He looked great when he smiled and- no. Shut up. Peter doesn't look great when he smiles. He just looked like regular Peter. Normal fucking Peter. And-

Why was Wanda looking at her like that? "So, you like my brother," a voice laughed in her head. Domino jumped from the shock of it making Peter look at her oddly. "Wait. Wanda?" She thought.

"Yes it's me. So how long have you liked him. Now you guys can finally get together. I've been rooting for you two's relationship since day one," the girl ranted in her mind.
"What are you talking about Wanda. I don't like him!"

Domino shot out of her seat and ran out of the house. Peter wondered what happened but he wasn't too worried since she left unexpectedly a lot.

The next time she visited, Domino ignored Peter and went straight to Wanda's bedroom.
"So you're a telepath," she stated.
"Yes I am."
"I didn't know that. I knew you're mutation was those wiggly fingers and red mist but since when were you a telepath."
"Ever since I was 13," Wanda replied.

"That's one thing you can thank your shit father for," she laughed. "Yeah. One thing he didn't completely fuck up," Wanda agreed.

1050 words