New Friends (re-written)

The next morning, Domino decided to sleep in. There was still a week of spring break left and after what happened yesterday she deserved it.

At around 1pm, Domino started to get ready. After an hour of showering and skin care she finally started to get dressed. She wore a shimmering gold halter top, which clung to her chest, matched with a pair of dark bootleg jeans. Underneath her bed lay her favourite pair of shoes waiting to be put on when she would leave.

The whole house was empty. Her mother was at work and her dad just wasn't there. This was good though; Domino liked being alone. She went into the kitchen and poured some cereal into a bowl. She added milk and began to eat it. After finishing the cereal she added more to eat with the remaining milk at the bottom of the bowl.

Peter wouldn't get to her house for another two and a half hours so there was still plenty she could do. Domino ran back up to her room and put in her favourite Queen record and let it play. She danced and sang with music and even added a bit of makeup to her face.

5 minutes until Peter arrived. Domino's white boots with gold stars were zipped up her feet. Gold eyeshadow coated her eyelids and black eyeliner outlined her eyes. Her full lips were painted with tinted lip gloss that smelled of cherry. A small baby pink bag hung on her shoulder containing essentials: keys, money, lipgloss, a compact mirror and an Afro pick (in case her hair got messed up).

While sitting in the leather sofa, Domino heard a knock at the door. She jumped up and walked to the door and opened it to reveal Peter. "You look nice," she said to him. "Thanks. You too."

"Where are we going then?" she asked.
"There's this laser tag place that opened up a month ago. I booked a game for us in like 20 minutes. It's gonna be really fun," Peter told her.

"Fuck, I'll need to change my shoes if there's laser tag. Come in then," Domino gestures for him to come in. Peter obliged and stepped into the house. He followed Domino up to her bedroom and awkwardly stood in the door way while she searched for an appropriate pair of shoes.

Domino found a nice pair of white trainers with purple detailing on them. The boots she had been wearing before where now on the floor and had been replaced by the trainers. "Thanks for waiting," she said to Peter, "Do you want to go?"
"Yeah, of course."

They go back down the stairs and leave the house.
"Do you want me to run you there?" Peter asks.
"Yeah sure. If you want." Peter boss and goes behind Domino to hold the back of her neck and head. Unsurprisingly, it took a second to get to the laser tag place.

Immediately, Domino pulled out her mirror and afro pick to fix her hair. The wind and Peter's hold on her head hadn't been kind to her and had tousled her hair. Once Domino's hair was fixed, her and Peter entered the building.

"Have you played laser tag before?" Peter asked, trying to make conversation. "Once. My cousins visited and my mom took us," Domino answered, "Have you?"
"Yeah with my sisters. It was fun shooting at Wanda but then she "accidentally" threw me into a wall so I wouldn't try it again."

When they reached the front desk Peter pulled out a ticket from his pocket and handed it to the man behind the counter. They had a small conversation before Peter and Domino left to prepare for the game.

"She threw you into a wall? How?"
"She's a mutant as well. But her powers are way cooler than mine and way more powerful which I don't think is fair because we are twins," explained Peter. "Is your other sister a mutant?" Domino asked. "She's only 8 so we're don't know yet. But she most likely isn't. She has a different dad to me and Wanda."

Domino nodded along. She was glad she decided to hang out with Peter. It was refreshing to have an actual conversation with another mutant. With everyone one else she could never speak about it but since he showed up at her house that had changed. Hopefully they become friends; maybe they already are?

As she strapped on the laser tag vest, Domino continued on the discussion of family. "I'm an only child so no siblings. What's it like having sisters?"
"It's horrible but amazing at the same time. Anya, my younger sister, she's adorable but so evil. If you don't have tea time with her she will scratch you. It's terrifying," he laughed, "Wanda is kind of secluded and quiet and she does really well in school which is basically the opposite of me. Somehow we're extremely close. She's my best friend which sounds sad but I promise it's not."

They both had on their Laser tag gear and entered the laser tag room. There were around 20 other people in the room. Just after them another three people walked in. All of the players were in the room now which meant that they could begin the game.

The lights turned off and their vests and guns lit up as well as certain obstacles in order to give light to the room. Immediately, people ran around ready to gain as many points as possible. Domino and Peter teamed up and ran to higher ground at a human pace.

"Okay. We need to to shoot all the people on the bottom," Peter told her.
"Okay," Domino agreed, "and make sure to watch all sides so we don't get surprised attacked."

Out of the corner of his eye, Peter spotted a group of players below him. He shot at them with his gun; Domino realised where he was shooting and did the same. They continued to moved around the higher levels looking for more people to shoot.

Half an hour later, they were called back to the start of the room. The game was over and it was time to check the leader board. Domino cracked a smile when she saw her name at the top of the leader board however Peter frowned to see he was only in second place. "Awww what's wrong Peter? Sad I beat you?" Domino teased. "Next time I'll beat you don't worry," he said. "Yeah, sure." They each took off their laser tag vests and gun and put it back where it originally was.

As they walked out of the building, Peter spoke up, "if you want, you can come over to my house for dinner."
"Yeah, absolutely. Let's go," she beamed.

1140 words