Everythings gone to shit

The next week, Domino had another day off. It was a rare thing since Mr Stark constantly needed her in. Domino didn't mind, the money was phenomenal.

Mr Stark had been a terrible person and terrible boss. He underpaid his workers and overpaid himself. How do you think he became a billionaire? He had since had a "change of heart" and tried to be a better boss. That stared with giving everyone raises.

"Mr Stark has given me the day off, you know what that means," Domino said. Peter didn't say anything. He was to focused on the news. They were talking about Erik.

"Lensherr was identified yesterday in this small town in central Poland. Leaders from all communities are urging their citizens to remain calm as police and armed forces are mobilising to find Lensherr before he can strike again. If anyone has information about Lensherr or as he is also known Magneti contact your local authorities immediately and proceed with caution. As he is considered extremely dangerous."

Peter's mom yelled his name from up the stairs. Peter changed the tv to another channel and raced over to his Pac-Man game. Clearly he didn't want his mom to know he was watching the news about Erik. Domino played along and zoomed into one of the chairs across the room. "What's up," he replied.

"Just checking in on you. Hi Domino," she greeted
"I'm good, playing Pac-Man."
"Hey Ms Maximoff!"
She picked up the tv remote and changed the channel back to the news. "Sure you weren't watching this?"

Both their heads turned to face the tv. "You're going after him aren't you?"
"You wanted me to get out off the house more right," Peter smiled. "I can't stop you, nobody can. But trust me this won't end well. Nothing does with him.

Peter turned around to look at his mother, "I'm not afraid of him."
"You should be."

"Maybe we should go to Charles he was the last one to see Erik. Plus I heard he owns a school for mutants. Erik is all for mutant freedom and stuff like that," suggested Domino.
"We aren't going anywhere."
"What? Why not?"
"Because it's dangerous. And you don't need to go. Erik is my dad, not yours," Peter told her.

"I don't care. If you're going I'm going. I don't care how dangerous it is!" Domino yelled, "now, we have to find Charles adress."
"I know where his school is. I stole his card when I met him," he said as he pulled out the card.

"Ok great. We still need a plan," she said.
"I thought the plan is to go to Charles."
"Yeah but what are we gonna do when we meet Erik?" The pair were stumped, what were they going to do when they encountered Erik? It didn't matter. Peter had decided on winging it when they got their.

It had been decided, with lots of arguing, that Peter would go to the school and Domino would go to Poland to look for clues.

Peter wanted to go to Poland but Domino said it was more likely he would find Erik with Charles' help. Domino left first, she ran as fast as she could all the way to Poland. Super speed allowed her to skid across the water easily and in a little under 5 minutes she arrived. It would have been a lot easier if she was equally as fast as Peter; then she could have arrived in 1 minute (maybe even less).

Domino ran to the town that Erik had been hiding out. The house that was shown on the news was empty. The reporters had finished and left. She searched the house as fast as she could but nothing was found. She looked in the shed and around the back garden but still nothing.

There were woods near the house so Domino went in. The house had been rummaged through multiple time yet she found nothing useful, maybe she would find something there. It felt like she was running for hours but it was really seconds.

Screams filled the vast woods; Domino's screams. Bodies littered the grassy floor. Multiple polish police men's bodies. Hands clasped around her mouth to subdue another scream. It looked like something had pierced each of their throats. They lay on the ground toppled over, sort of like dominos.

This had to be Erik, who else? It was so deep in the woods she wasn't surprised nobody had found the bodies. She looked down and dried blood was underneath her boots. A sick feeling rose in Dominos throat. She couldn't be here any longer.

She sped back to the house and leaned against it trying to calm herself. She didn't have much time to do that, Domino needed to get to the school.

She ran all the way back to America and to the address given. She expected to see some kind of large school with kids everywhere but that's not what was their.

Instead of a school it was burned ruins. Instead of mutant children playing and learning they were unconscious with army men surrounding them. Dominos eyes searched for Peter but she couldn't see him. That's when the panic started to set in. She saw someone being carried into a helicopter.

There were so many soldiers everywhere. It would be impossible to get onto the plane without being noticed even with super speed. She hid and looked for a way to hopefully get to that helicopter.

Domino's eyes landed on three kids hiding behind a broken wall. She raced over to them and whispered, "hey." The red head girl and blue guy gasped while the boy with glasses jumped in surprise.

"Who the hell are you," asked the boy.
"I'm Domino I came here for Charles and my friend. But I think said friend had been taken onto that helicopter," she explained.
"Does you're friend happen to have silver hair?" Questioned the blue boy.
"Yeah."
"I'm sorry but he is probably on that helicopter," said the redhead with sympathy.

"Kurt, do you think you can get us on that thing?" Asked glasses boy.
"You want to get in their? What if the soldiers see us?" Said Kurt.
"Don't worry they won't see us, trust me," the redhead told them.

"I'm coming with you guys," Domino said to them. Kurt nodded and the other two grabbed a hold of him. Domino was confused but copied them. A black cloud engulfed them and suddenly they were inside the helicopter.

A green light lit up the cage after the door had been closed. "Kurt get us out of here!" Kurt tried to teleport but failed. "I can't when they close the door there's some kind of electrical field. It's like Berlin all over."

"Jean get in the pilots heads don't let them take off!"
"I can't, I can't reach the pilots, I can't reach anyone!"

Now was definitely time to panic. Domino went over to Peter and tried to shake him awake. "Peter. Peter please wake up," she tried. When he didn't wake up Domino tried Hank but he also wouldn't wake up.

"Scott what are we going to do?" Kurt stressed.
"I don't know." The rest of the flight was spent worrying. Kurt was praying and Scott was crying. Jean stayed silent and Domino did the same.

"It should have been me," Scott spoke up, "he was the one that was gonna do something with his life, he was always the one." They all turned to him. Domino wasn't sure who he was talking about but it sounded like someone close to him had just died.

"Thats not how he felt. He felt you were the one that was gonna do something special with your life. You were gonna make a difference in the world. Maybe even change it," Jena comforted.

"How do you know what he felt?"
"I know what everybody feels," Jean reached over and held Scott's hand. Kurt went back to his praying and Domino went back to her silence.

She took the time to assess what was going on: Peter, Hank, that blue lady on tv five years ago and some lady she didn't know were knocked out and kidnapped, Kurt was blue and could teleport, Jean was a telepath, and someone Scott knew just died. What the fuck.

Domino sat beside Peter and held his pale hand in her dark one. When the helicopter landed and the doors open Jean immediately cloaked them and they escaped. Domino hoped nothing bad would happen.

1430 words