Relaxing? As if

Stress was now Domino's new best friend. She wanted to make sure Peter was okay. He was. He had told her himself. He wasn't in pain. He would be back to usual in a week. So why was she worrying?

Because Domino felt guilty. She had nothing to be guilty for (the stealing doesn't count and neither does breaking out a metal bending terrorise). For some unfathomable reason Domino felt responsible for Peter's broken leg.

She would be there right now with him but he needed time with his family. And his family thought that she needed sleep. Ms Maximoff was right about a lot of things so Domino should probably listen and go back to sleep. Wrong!

She can't go back to sleep. Not when everything was going to shit. There's seven people (no children) in her house. Seven! It was a big mistake offering to have kids in her house. Now she has to take care of them while simultaneously taking cate of Peter.

She could just leave it to Wanda and Ms Maximoff; It would be easier for her. But that's doesn't matter. She was going to do everything she could to help everyone.

She cleaned up a bit because she had guests and her house wasn't the cleanest; it's hard when Peter comes over all the time and is a total slob.

She had an hour so she cleaned with super speed. She listened to music and zipped around cleaning everything and in minutes the house was pristine. But she still had ages until she could go back to Peter.

It was then she realised how hungry she was. The adrenaline rush of yesterday added onto the worry she felt and she didn't realise how shit she was feeling. Domino had used a variety of powers many times and one of the powers (super speed) meant losing a lot of calories. She was surprised she hadn't passed out by now. Yes she had eaten a breakfast but the feeling of hunger returned. Not only was she hungry but she was in slight pain. In the morning, when she had first woken up, there was a dull ache in her eyes and back but it hurt even more now. Maybe lasers aren't good for your eyes.

If she was hungry she couldn't imagine how Peter felt. And all he had was the breakfast she had given him, which wasn't enough thinking about it. The food was already cold so she might as well eat it.

Domino took some food from the labs and put it in the microwave. As she waited for it to heat up he packed up the rest of the food. She would just make more breakfast for the kids staying in her house.

Oh god, kids! Multiple kids. Kids staying in her house. Theses next two days were going to be a fucking nightmare.

After a lot of cooking and eating, it was time to go back to the hospital. It was almost 8:00am, when visiting hours officially started, and she was happy to see Peter. All of his food was in packed up into a plastic bag because of how much there was.

Thankfully none of the other people in the house had woken up so she didn't need to worry about them just yet. The notes were still where she left them so they wouldn't be worried where she went.

Domino appeared in the hospital startling everyone in the room. "You're even worse than Peter," Anya complained.
"Please stickhih inme iô
Uto super speed because this is just so much worse," Wanda groaned. "I agree," Ms Maximoff piped up. Peter didn't even say anything; he was laughing. He was found it funny scaring people by appearing out of no where.

"Here, more food. You're fast metabolism and all." Domino shoved the bag of food into Peter's arms. "Aw thanks D." Peter began to eat and not soon after he was done. "Again disgusting," Wanda commented. "Nasty," Anya added.
"Grotesque," Domino finished. Peter rolled his eyes and set aside the empty containers on a near by table.

The family let the hour pass by them; talking, laughing, even playing one of those hospital board games. It was good that they were spending this time together, even if it was because of bad circumstances.

When Peter was finally allowed to leave he hobbled to the car with Dominos help. Anya was carrying his crutches that the hospital provided; she definitely would practice using them later. The car ride was terrible for Peter. He didn't complain but he was fidgeting like crazy. They spent 20 minutes in the car. Everything always went to slow for Peter and now without being able to run it probably felt worse.

Domino helped Peter into the house once the car had stopped. Wanda and Anya went down to Peter's room first; Ms Maximoff went to go find some pillows and blankets while Peter and Domino in the kitchen.

"I really want to run," Peter blurted out, still fidgeting. "You know you can't. You can nearly walk properly," said Domino.
"Yeah obviously, but I'm just so bored," he groaned.
"Didn't that doctor lady say it would only take a week and then you're cast will be off," Domino mentioned, "plus in two days we're going back to the school to help rebuild."

Ms Maximoff came bustling down the stairs with multiple pillows and blankets stuffed into her arms. "Go down to your room Peter!" He complied, completely ready to be back in his own bed.

Peter's room looked the same it did yesterday. Yesterday seemed so long ago now. So normal. After battling a wannabe God trying to destroy the world it's hard to get back to normal. Then again life couldn't have been too normal after breaking out a mutant terrorist.

Ms Maximoff put pillows under Peter's head and kept his leg elevated with folded blankets underneath. "Peter I'm so sorry about this but they need me at work and Anya needs to go to school," she said the last part more to Anya than to Peter.
"Mom it's fine. It doesn't even hurt anymore," he reassured. Anya said goodbye to them all and trudged up the stairs to get ready for school. She was already late so her mother urged her to be quick.

"Oh shit! I just remembered I have work," Domino told them. "Sucks to be you," said Peter.
"Shush Peter," Wanda scolded.
"Who cares? We just saved the world. Fuck work," Peter argued. "Yeah, I just saved the world but I still need to pay for things like taxes," Domino deadpanned. "Don't you need to get back to the kids at your house?" Wanda reminded.
"Oh shit! You're right."

Domino had kind of forgotten about them. In fairness she was under a lot of stress. "I could probably stay here a bit longer. They were all so tired last night they're probably still sleeping."
"No. You need to go home. I know you want to stay here with Peter but it's fine. I'm here, okay. You can go," Wanda told her.
"Yeah, D. You can go," Peter encouraged.

"I'm starting to think you both secretly hate me, sending me away so much," Domino joked.
"Yeah you're right. Definitely hate you. Can't even stand to look at you," Peter snarked back. Wanda chuckled at the banter between the couple.

"Don't run, okay," Domino reminded her boyfriend. She leaned down and kissed Peter. He leaned forward to kiss her more, placing a hand on Dominos face. "Can you stop? I'm right here," Wanda said moodily.
"See you later then," Domino said, ignoring what Wanda had said. The twins said the same to her before Domino left in black clouds.

Domino arrived at her house to find a ten year old with broken glass surrounding him, a sixteen year old with floating objects flying around her and another sixteen year old making fireworks. She should have done what Ms Maximoff advised and slept, maybe even tried to relax, because there was no way she would have time to do that in the following days.

1360 words