The Pentagon (rewritten)

Immediately, the group split ways upon entering the building. Domino followed Peter down to the kitchens and into the elevator while keeping her hand to her temple in order to cloak herself from the guards; she also had erased Peter's face from every mind that had seen him.

The elevator reached its destination and the pair stepped out leaving a guard duck taped to the wall and pile of Peter's clothes. He was now disguised as a guard and held a tray of sickly looking food in his hands. His silver hair was tucked into the guard hat to make it less noticeable yet it still stuck out to Domino.

Anxiety bubbled in her stomach as she walked down the long hallway but they finally made it through the doors and to Erik. Domino relaxed and stopped hiding herself from the minds around her. "Jesus!" Peter whisper-yelled. "Sorry," she frowned.

Together, they approached the glass pentagon in the middle of the room and saw Erik lying somewhat peacefully. "That's Erik?" Domino questioned, "wow."

Peter rolled his eyes before slipping the tray down into the prison cell. It disrupted Erik's peace and he looked at it. The piece of paper on top of the meal read 'mind the glass'. He looked up in confusion to find two teenagers smiling at him.

The glass started to shake as the speedster vibrated his hands against at and in a few short seconds it shattered. Erik clearly hadn't taken the warning of the note seriously as he was unprepared for the broken glass falling down on him.

His muscular hands gripped the edge of his former cell and he pulled himself up onto the same level as Peter and Domino. "He is jacked," Domino said to Peter shocked. "Right! How did he even do that so easily."

For the first time, Erik spoke, "in three seconds , those doors are going to open and 20 guards will be here to shoot us."
"We know," Domino told him.
"It's what we're waiting for," Peter added on.

"What are you doing?" Erik asked as Peter put his hand on his neck. "I'm holding your head so you don't get whiplash."
"What?"
"Whip-lash." Just as it had been said the doors slid open and guards rushed forwards. Most yelled some variation of "Don't move!"

Peter sped past them so fast they all got knocked over. Domino then ran past them again so fast that it caused a new gust of wind. All of them were now in the elevator and Erik looked like he was about to be sick. "You're good, it'll pass. It happens with everyone," Peter reassured him.

"So how come you were in there? They won't tell us for some reason," Domino asked.
"They?"
"What did you do, man? What did you do? What do you? Why's they have you in there?" rambled Peter at a fast and annoying pace. "For killing the president."

The teenagers turned to each other in utter shock. Peter mouthed 'oh shit' to Domino and she mouthed it back. He had probably sensed the shock from them because he added on, "The only thing I'm guilty of is fighting for people like us."

"You take Karate? You know karate man?" Peter said completely ignoring the information he had just found out. "I don't know karate but I do know crazy."
Domino and Peter chuckled at Erik's response.

"They told me you control metal," Peter mentioned to Erik. "Who is they?" He asked slightly aggravated after still not knowing who 'they' were. "You know, my mom once knew a guy who could do that."

The elevator bell dinged and the doors opened.
"Charles?" Oomph! Charles had punched Erik in the face. They both groaned from the pain.

"Good to see you too, old friend," Erik said sarcastically, "and walking."
"No thanks to you," Charles bitterly replied.
"You're the last person in the world I expected to see today."
"Believe me, I wouldn't be here if I didn't have to. If we get you out of here we do it my way. No killing."
"No helmet, I couldn't disobey you even if I wanted."
"I'm never getting inside that head again," Charles assured angrily. Peter and Domino stood watching in interest as the adults bickered. "I need your word, Erik."

"Nobody move!" Commanded an unexpected guard.
"Don't move!" Yelled another.
"Charles. Freeze them, Charles," said Erik.
"I can't."
"Hands up or we will shoot!"

Most the metal in the room began to levitate and clattered together. The Pentagon guards saw the act of retaliation and fired their guns in defence.

It was clear what Peter was thinking so Domino followed. The kitchen looked so fascinating when seen in super speed. Everything was moving so slow it was practically still. However there was no time to stare at the world in awe. Peter had already started messing with the guards and she needed to help.

She walked over to redirect the bullets that we're travelling towards Charles, Erik and Logan. She was able to hold the bullets between her fingers and move them out of place; it was surreal. Once finished, she looked looked over to Peter and saw what he had done to the guards and she cracked a smile. Domino sped across the room and stood next to him.

They shifted back to real time and watched they chaos around them ensue. The guards had all knocked themselves out due to Peter's pranks and lay on the floor unmoving. Charles had tried to shield Erik from the bullets and it took him a moment to realise they hadn't been shot. Logan had his claws out and a look of confusion plastered on his face.

They all looked at the other side of the room to the two mutant teens who had caused the mess with the biggest grin plastered on their faces. The three men walked past them out of the kitchen and only Logan thanked them with a gruff, "thanks, kids."

Peter pouted slightly and followed them out with Domino on his tail. "Wait, did you steal a hat?" Domino asked after into just noticing a pentagon cap on his head. "Yeah."
"I want one." Domino ran back to the kitchen stole all the hats in the room and ran back to Peter's side in a second give or take. "Why do you need five hats?" Peter questioned. "Why wouldn't I need five hats," she retorted.

Words 180