Nightmares

A few hours later Domino woke up. She was so tired yet still didn't want to sleep. If she slept the nightmares would come back. She hadn't had nightmares since last year. Her mother had died to years ago and it had taken a while 365 days for the nightmares to stop. Domino thought she wouldn't have to deal with that anymore but she was wrong.

All the pain, all the death, all the blood she had witnessed yesterday was sitting on her eyelids ready to attack the moment she closed her eyes. Peter's screams filled her ears constantly. She had heard him in pain and instead of going to hell him immediately she had stopped on Charles' command. And when she had finally gotten him to a hospital she abandoned him. For what? For a couple of kids she had only met yesterday.

God, she was such a terrible girlfriend. If she was in Peter's position he would have never left her in that hospital. Then again she had no family except him get his whole family was there for him.

Domino rose off the couch and made a step towards the stairs. Groggily, she walked to her bathroom. The mirror reflected Domino's tear stained face; she looked away. The stained flight suit was peeled off her body and thrown to the floor. The warm water rolled down her body and she sighed in relief.

When she finished her shower, Domino felt wide awake. She dried off and applied some lotion before wrapping a towel around her body. Silently, she crept into her room, looking for clothes, she took one of Peter's shirts out of her closet with some grey sweatpants she had spotted in her closet.

Domino went into the kitchen, as quiet as possible, and made a bit breakfast. Not a bit, a lot. 30 pieces of bacon, 13 eggs, 12 pieces of toast and a big ass bowl of salad. She packed some of it into five different containers for herself and the Maximoff family to eat. Hospital food tasted like shit and she didn't want them to have to eat it. She left the rest in the pans on the stove and covered everything for the kids to eat if they woke up before she got back.

Before leaving, Domino wrote three notes explaining where she had gone and placed them in each of the rooms. The girl teleported into the room startling Wanda. "Sorry," Domino whispered.

Wanda settled back into her chair, that sat next to Peter's bed, when she realised there was no threat. Peter, Anya and Ms Maximoff we're all asleep and weren't disturbed by Domino's sudden reappearance.

Anya was curled into Peter's side on his hospital bed while Ms Maximoff was sleeping in an arm chair. "Here eat," Domino said as she shoved food into Wanda's hands. She smiled gratefully at her and immediately dug into her food.

"So. How is it being a baby-sitter," Wanda teased.
"I'm not a baby-sitter. I'm..... yeah I'm a baby-sitter," Domino groaned. "Shouldn't you be with them then?"
"Nah they're fine. Their all asleep and if any of them wake up the older ones can take care of the younger ones."

Both had finished their breakfast and both continued their conversation for another hour. They spoke in whispers so that no one else would be woken up. Maybe they weren't being as quiet as they thought since Peter woke up gasping.

"Oh hey, you're awake," Wanda smiled and Peter returned it. "Here, eat. I know you're constantly hungry," Domino said while giving him food. "Thanks Domino," he leaned over a planted a kiss on her lips. He quickly tucked into his food and in moments he was done.

"Gross," Wanda muttered.
"Absolutely disgusting," Domino agreed. Peter rolled his eyes in annoyance. "I just broke my leg. Have a bit sympathy, man."
"Call me man again and I'll brake you're other leg," Wand a threatened playfully.
"If you broke his other leg wouldn't you feel it," Domino pointed out. "That's a sacrifice I'm willing to make." The trio burst out into laughs that woke up the two sleeping people in the room.

Anya rubbed her eyes tiredly and didn't say anything. Ms Maximoff jumped out of her seat and immediately began worrying about Peter. "Why are you up so early? You need rest. All of you do."
"Mom, I'm fine. You know I don't need that much sleep," Peter said as he pushed her off him.
"It doesn't matter. You just faced off some world destroying man and have a broken bone, you need rest. You too Domino."

"But Ms Maximoff," Domino began.
"No but's, both of you need sleep," the older woman told them sternly. It was quite hilarious when thinking about it. A mother telling her 23 year old son and his girlfriend to go to sleep as if they were children. And to believe Domino and Ms Maximoff weren't close in the beginning.

"There's three more hours until you're getting discharged. Domino, you can come back then. You need sleep!" Domino nodded her head disappointingly, knowing she wouldn't win this fight.
"I should probably go check up on the kids any way."

"You have kids!" Anya exclaimed, suddenly wide awake. "No! No, I don't have kids," Domino reassured, "I'm just having a few stay over at my house since they have no where to go."
"Oh," Anya whispered.
"My moms right you need sleep," Peter told her.
"I don't need sleep, I'm fine. I need to be with you and make sure you're okay."

"I'm fine. Everyone is already fussing over me. You don't need to stay here you have stuff to do, people to watch" he tried to convince. He hated having people fuss over him, especially Domino. Domino groaned knowing she would have to leave.

"Fine. I'll go. I'll be back at 8 when visiting hours officially start." She hugged Wanda, Anya, Ms Maximoff and gave Peter a kiss on the cheek. She left the containers of food for Anya and Ms Maximoff before teleporting home.

1020 words