Basement Hangout (Rewritten)

Peter once again offered to run her to their destination and, of course, Domino said yes. They arrived at Peter's before she could even blink. "Mom, I'm home!" Peter yelled while walking through the house. His mother appeared from the living room, "Who's this?"
"Mom, this is Domino. Domino, this is my mom."
Before Domino could give Ms Maximoff a polite greeting, Peter dragged her by the hand down to the basement.

"This is your room?" She said as she walked down the stairs. "Yeah we didn't have enough bed rooms so we just turned the basement into my room," Peter explained. He jumped onto his couch and made himself comfortable while Domino made her way to his Pac-Man machine.

"How the hell is your high score over three million!" she exclaimed. "I have a lot of free time," he answers.
Domino turned back to the game and started playing with determination.

"I'm gonna go and get some pizza for us," Peter told her, "what do you want?"
"Pepperoni please."
"Okay, I'll be back in a few minutes."
Domino nodded her without taking her eyes off the game. It felt like barely anytime had passed when Peter had come back. His presence had drawn Dominos attention away from the game causing her Pac-man to be eaten by one of the ghosts. "Fuck," she sighed.

"Do you want some pizza or not 'cause I promise I will eat the whole thing myself," Peter warned. Domino left the game and made her way over to the couch Peter was sitting on. She took a piece of pizza from the box and took a bite.

"So, did you steal the game?" She asked.
"Yup. Basically everything in here is stolen. Perks of having super speed."
"That's lucky. When I steal stuff I have to do it the old fashioned way."

They continued talking for a while until Peter's sister came running down the stairs. "Peter come watch the news!" Wanda yelled.
"Why would I ever want to watch the news?"
"Because it's about mutants."

They both shot up form the couch and made their way upstairs to the living room. The tv was already on, showing a news reporter speaking about the incident, "Today, the Paris Peace summit was rocked by unidentified assailants the likes of which the world has never seen. Mass hysteria has gripped the nation as people ask where they come from? Will they be back? And most importantly, are they friend or for?"

Then they started showing video of Erik dragging a blue naked woman by her bullet wound. Images went up of the lady, Erik, and a blue beast.

Domino felt sick. She had helped break out Erik. Looking at Peter it seemed he felt the same. "Oh my god," Domino whispered.
"Oh this is bad this is really bad," Peter muttered.
"You think?"

"We fucked up. We fucked up badly," Peter said, beginning to panic. "I should have said no. Why didn't I say no? I broke Erik out because I was bored!" Domino cried.

She stood up abruptly and walked back down to the basement. Peter followed Domino down and saw her picking up her things. "What are you doing?" He questioned. "I have to go. I have to go! Oh my god," she said, mortified.

While storming up the stairs, she muttered a string of apologies to Peter. She walked right out the door and speeded home. Without saying a word to her mom, who was sitting in the living room seemingly waiting for her, she went to her room and closed the door. Domino sat on her bed in silence and her eyes welled with tears.

She had fucked up.

620 words