Is this motherhood?

"Domino!" Jena called out. Domino excused herself from the two and made her way over to Jean, who was standing with Scott, Kurt and Jubilee. "Yeah what is it?"
"Nothing. Jubilee wanted to get you but didn't want to interrupt you and Erik," Jean told her.
"Okay so you said you had a house and would let people stay there. Well I was wondering if you could let me stay there?" She asked nervously.

"Yeah of course you can! My house is kinda big so I can have a bunch of people stay there. Especially the younger kids."
"Maybe me and Kurt could stay there as well. It could be like a fun sleep over," Jean proposed. Kurt nodded enthusiastically in agreement.
"Yes! This is gonna be so fun. We should totally do it. Scott where are you staying?" Domino asked.
"Oh I'm staying with my parents," he answered.

"Cool are you gonna be back here when we rebuild?" Jean questioned. "Yeah probably. If I can get a Ride." The group continued to talk until it was time for everyone to leave.

Finally, they were able to start taking people home. Everyone would go home for a day or two to rest. The day had been very stressful so everyone would need a lot of time to rest. They would all regroup at the school and figure out a way to rebuild it.

Jubilee, Jean, Kurt, Ororo, two young boys and a preteen girl. It was a squeeze for all of them to fit in the car. Domino was the one driving and Ororo sat in the passengers seat next to him. Jubilee, Jean, Kurt and the three other kids sat squashed in the back. Each of the boys sat on Jean and Jubilee's lap and the pre teen sat in between the two stuck next to Kurt.

During the six hour car ride she learned a lot about everyone. The three kids were called Azari, Samuel and Aco. Azari was 13 years old and had joined the school last year after her mother kicked her out. Her mother had caught her making things float in her room and had promptly disowned her. She heard about Charles' school and had ventured there on her own. With the help of the teachers she fully discovered her powers and could control them pretty well; she controlled gravity.

Samuel and Aco were twins and they moved to the school only a few months after moving to America from Ghana. Their parents also kicked them out after their mutations began to show. Samuel had a blue line down his face and Aco had a large red line down his. Pyrokinesis was Aco's power while Samuel had hydrokinesis. It was kind of like a yin and yang. Fitting since they were twins.

"You know. My boyfriend Peter has a twin, her names Wanda. But their powers are nothing alike,"
Domino said to the twins. "Twins are really cool. Do you guys have twin telepathy?" Jubilee asked the boys.

"No not telepathy," Aco said quietly.
"I don't know if it's like this for you but Peter says that him and Wanda have this connection. Like they can feel each others pain. Today when Peter broke his leg, Wanda could feel that something happened to him," Domino blabbered.
"Yeah sort of like that," Samuel agreed.

There was only an hour left of the car trip and Domino spent most of it talking to Ororo. Jubilee was asleep and so was Azari. The twins talked among themselves and Jena spoke with Kurt.

When they arrived to her house, Domino opened the and door and let everyone in. She walked up the stairs with the other following her. "Okay, Azari the room at the bottom. Kurt, Aco, Samuel you can sleep in the room next to that one. And You three," Domino said pointing to Jean, Ororo and Jubilee, "will be staying in my room."

The group waited in the hallway as Domino entered her room looking for some clothes. She re-emerged with a handful of clothes in her arms. She handed Kurt a band T-shirt and sweat pants that she took from Peter. Jubilee was given a pair of shorts and a  yellow over sized top. Loose grey pants and a shirt was handed to Ororo and Jean was given the same but in red.

"You guys would obviously want to change out of those flight suits so there are some clothes. I'll get you guys some clothes that will fit you later," Domino directed towards the three youngest kids.

"I need to go check on Peter in the hospital. There's food in the fridge and snacks in the cupboard if you don't feel like cooking. And please make sure the kids are okay. I'll be back later," Domino said to the teens. "Of course Domino. You can count on us," Ororo assured.

Azari, Samuel and Aco headed into Azari's temporary room while the teens went to go get changed into comfortable clothing. Domino left and arrived to the hospital moments later.

She walked in and received many odd looks that's he had gotten every time she came today. It was understandable, she was in a bloody and ripped flight suit and looked completely dishevelled.

She went to Peter's room and found him lying in bed with his family still around him. He was out of his flight suit and in a standard hospital gown. His leg was lifted and in a plain cast.

Anya was the first to notice her presence, "hey Domino."
"Hi, Anya."
"Oh D, you're back," Peter smiled.
"Yeah I am. Sorry I took so long but the drive was six hours long," She defended. You were helping them it's cool," Peter brushed off.
"Visiting hours will be over soon," Ms Maximoff told her. "Oh no," Domino sighed.
"It's fine D. I'm getting discharged tomorrow!" Peter revealed.
"Thank God. You've been in here way to long."
"Domino. I've been here for like 8 hours."

After ten more minutes of talking, a knock on the door was heard and a nurse walked in, "I'm sorry, visiting hours are over now." Domino kissed Peter on the cheek and bid his family goodbye. "I'll see you tomorrow okay. Once I've taken care of all the kids at my place I'll be here to take you home," she assured him. "I know you will."

Domino waved goodbye to the family one last time and speeded off to the nearest clothing store. It was closed, as she expected, so she had to figure out a way to break in. It was 11pm everything would be closed. Teleporting in wasn't an option since she hadn't been there before and she didn't want to leave any lasting damages to the store.

Her eyes rolled in annoyance and she thought of a clothing store she had been to before. Tilly's! She had gone there last week. It closed at 8 so there would be no employees still there. She appeared on the middle of Tilly's and accidentally knocked over a mannequin.

Domino searched around the store for clothes. She picked out two sweat suits that were aged 10; hopefully they would fit Samuel and Aco. She picked out some kid sized jeans and two shirts to go with them.

Domino looked in the girls section and picked out clothes for Azari. Black shorts and a black shirt, leggings, a pair of flare jeans and a nice orange top with bedazzling. The clothes piled into the basket she carried. "Is this motherhood?" Domino chuckled to herself as she continued looking for clothes.

She had gotten an outfit for Jean, Jubilee, Kurt and Ororo in case they needed to go out. The girls probably could have worn some of her other but she might as well steal an outfit. After getting everything she needed, clothes, underwear and sleep wear, Domino put all her things into two plastic bags and teleported back to her house.

She was quiet in case anyone was sleeping. She went into her room to set down her bags and found Jean, Jubilee and Ororo passed out on her king sized bed. She was glad they got some sleep after all they had been through. Domino checked the other two rooms to make sure they were sleeping. Kurt, Aco and Samuel were sleeping peacefully on the bed with the blanket discarded on the floor. Quietly, she placed the blanket back over them and closed the door. Azari was also asleep curled into a ball, still in the same clothes. Domino would give them their clothes tomorrow.

The couch was the only place left to sleep. Domino found a warm blanket and pillow and threw it onto her sofa. She curled up and brought blanket to all the way up to her chin. Promptly the girl fell asleep.

1580 words