No looking back

•Y/n's POV•

Today the Governor came. He wanted the Prison but Rick declined. Hershel died. I feel so bad for Maggie and Beth.

****

Listening to the the dirt rub against the ground while walking, with Carl and Rick by my side. We lost the Prison, all because of the Governor. "You alright?" Rick asks me. "Yeah. I'm gonna miss the Prison." I tear up. Carl and Rick give me a hug, I hug them back. "I'm sorry it had to happen. I tried to stop him, I tried. I'm also sorry you both are living like this, you deserve to have an amazing childhood where you can go out and play with friends, get ice cream, ride bikes, go on hikes and walks, stuff kids do these days." Rick says, he has sadness in his voice. I feel bad for all of us. "Hey, the good thing is we have each other. This apocalypse will end soon. I know it." Carl says. At least someone's positive.

****

I keep looking behind me, wishing we could go back to the Prison. I want more memories. I don't wanna loose them, I wanna keep them. "There's no going back. The prison is gone, we can't do anything about it." Carl says, holding my hand. "I know. I'm gonna miss it there." Rick says. We all then stop. We find a house, it doesn't seemed harmed.

****

Rick slowly opens the door. Me and Carl go our way and Rick goes his way. Rick yelled at Carl since Carl was being loud. "Be quiet, we don't wanna attract any walkers." Rick whispers. Carl has been in a mood since the war/battle ended.

Flash back

The battle is over. The Governor is gone. I spot Judith's car seat, "Look!" I tap Carl and Ricks shoulder. We start walking over, once we got close... Judith wasn't in her car seat. "No." Carl and Rick said under there breath. We stood there for a minute, Carl spot a walker and shot it, over we and over again. Rick stoped him, Carl then start to break down in tears.

End of flash back

Carl then starts to bang on the wall, making me jump.

"HEY ASSHOLE," he bangs in the wall. "HEY SHIT FA-" he yells. "WATCH YOUR MOUTH." Rick yells at Carl. I stand there, in confusing. "What the-" I whisper to myself. "Carl you look in the kitchen, I'll look in the living room. Then Y/n, you look upstairs." Rick orders. We do as we're told.

****

*at night*

Rick has passed out in the couch. Before he did we guarded the front door with the couch. "You alright?" I ask Carl that's half asleep. "Yeah. Tired." He answers. "Night." I say quietly. "Night." He says before laying his head back on his pillow. "I love you." I say underneath my breath. "Huh?" He asks in confusion. "I-I..." I stutter. "Tell me." He determines. "I l-love... you." I say quietly, worried for what's gonna happen next. "I love you more." Carl puts his head to my chest and snuggles up to me. 'Did he-' I say to myself. "You mean that?" I ask him. "Yup! Do you mean it?" He asks me. "Of course. I've loved you since I met you." I confess. "Me too." He wraps his arms around me.

That night, I fell asleep... in Carl's arms. Like I always imagined.

****

I was now upstairs searching for anything to do. I remembered there was a little boys room, a bed and everything: I decided to read a book that was sat on the shelf.

****

I was a few chapters in until I heard someone talking. I didn't know who it was until I opened the door. Carl, he was talking to his dad that was still asleep on the couch.

Carl stood up and walked into the kitchen, "I'd be glad if you died." He says. I understand he lost a lot of people in his life but he needs his dad, him mom, he needs everyone.

I walk into the kitchen, where Carl was. "Carl?" I run into his arms. I'm gonna let him cry, let him let it all out. It's his turn. "I'm sorry; I'm sorry, I'm sorry! I don't wanna loose anyone anymore." He cry's into my shoulder. "I know buddy. I know. It's gonna be alright, people come and go." I say tearing up. 'It's my turn to be the tough guy, he needs to let his feelings out.' I think to myself. "Talk to me." I tell him. "It's just... I need someone by my side, I need someone to protect me too. I wouldn't be glad if he died. I'd probably kill myself if he died." He cry's. "Carl, I'm here for you. I'm gonna be by your side till the day I die, alright?" I tell him. "Alright. You promise?" He asks. "I promise." I kiss his forehead. "Well, if you promise. Will you be my girlfriend?" He asks me. My heart skips a beat, "Of course!" I say.

****

We're not sitting in the floor, eating chips, holding hands, laughing and telling jokes. Life is awesome. For right now.

I can now call you mine.