watch

me and carl were on watch tonight. i look at my watch, 10:50PM. 2 more hours to go, wonderful. carl was watching the road. i was watching the stars shine. "whatcha doing." i ask him. "idk." he began. "staring at the road." he finishes. "good. good." i say. a smile forms on him face. "how's your day been?" he asks me, breaking the silence. "better with you in it." i smirk, knowing that's always his answer when i ask him how his day was. "heyyyy that's my thing!" carl whines. "don't be a big baby." i say hugging him from the side. he hugs me back. a storm of butterflies form in my stomach.

january 26th 2021.

me and carl were hanging out in his room. he was reading comics as i laid beside him glancing at his book then and there. "whatcha doing." he asks. "nothing, you?" i say. "reading." he smiles. he loved reading, especially comics. comics were his favorite thing in the world. he had stacks on stacks of comics. "how many boyfriends have you had?" he asks me. "hmmm... 1." i say, sorta confused. "what was he like." "it was back in 5th grade. he was smart and sweet. he was super popular." i explain. "nice." he says. "y/n. i love you so much and i've always had. ever since i laid eyes on you i knew you were the one. you've saved me so many times and i wanna do the same. so may i ask, will you spend the rest of my life with me?" he says, holding onto my hands looking me into my eyes. "of course i will carl."

END OF FLASHBACK.

"i love you." carl says. "i love you more." i hold onto his hand.