i want it to be you

"hey!" carl says entering the kitchen where me and judith were, she sat on the island as i stood in between her legs and carl stood across from us as he played with judith's hair. "hey, what's up?" i ask him. "nothing just got done watching over. it gets so boring doing it everyday, it's not like a godzilla will come.. it's just a few zombies then and there!" he complains daily about this. "i know carl but it's our job to watch over. like your dad says, the more zombies we kill the less time we will have to spend living like this." i say. "i know." he sighs grabbing a banana. judith points to carls banana, whining a bit. "you want one?" carl asks. judith nods her head, her eyes widen and she gets excited once carl picks up a banana for her. "here, i'll cut it up." i say grabbing it from his hands. "she'll be fine with it like that, YN." carl says. "it's best to be safe then sorry." i give him a glance, he hates when i say that but he knows i'm right. he rolls his eyes. "you know YN, your really good with kids. kids of any age your good with. you'd be a really good mother, i know someday you will." he says. he stands behind me and gives me a hug as i cut the banana. "thank you carl. that means a lot. i guess i've just had experience with kids, a lot. you'd be a really good father though." i smile and hug him back. as i hug him he snatches the plate of a half cut banana and gives it to her. "carl it's not fully cut!" i laugh trying to get the plate he holds up in the air. he just laughs, "she'll be fine YN i promise you. you know if i knew something bad was gonna happen to her i wouldn't do it." he says as judith eats the non cut half of banana. carl protects judith with his life, he would die for her. for me. "like i was saying earlier, you would be a good father as well." i bring up again. "that's if i even live to that point. i might get eaten by a zombie someday or die for one of you two." pointing to me and judith. "but if i do live to that point then i want it to be you i have a family with." he smiles and i smile back. we sit in silence, watching judith eat.