*Chapter 2*

It's strange when something looks the same but looks totally different at the same time

It's strange when something looks the same but looks totally different at the same time. I'm able to look around at the hospital and see the changes it has come over the last four years.

A place where I grew up. A place where I did my first surgery before ultimately moving on. A place where I held the first baby I've ever delivered.

I walk through the doors immediately heading towards  the Chiefs Office my second favorite room.

Finding a very handsome man standing and arguing with Richard. The arguing stops as I walk in.

I tilt my head at the man only to recognize him as Derek Shepherd. I do another look over wondering why he was arguing with him in the first place.

I look at Richard who has a big smile on his face. "Melody?" He questions doing a double take.

"Hey Webster" I joke.

"Webster?" Dereks says his eyebrows furrowing at the nickname.

"Melody what are you doing here?"

I decide to give a short answer. "Fella done me wrong Chief." I was referring to him.

"Derek give me a moment we can talk about this later. This conversation is not over."

"As long as you keep him out of my OR there shouldn't be a problem Richard." He gives me a quick glance before he leaves.

Him.

Interesting.

Work place drama? I'm in.

I make my way in fully sitting in the chair i front of Richards desk which is still warm.

"Chief." I start in a warning tone.

"Melody." He says in the same tone before I let out a little laugh.

After calming down I get serious. "I know your probably wondering why I'm here but I just wanted to tell you that I'm back for good this time."

Hopefully.

"Well I'm always happy to see you. How have you been holding up?" What a great way to make the conversation about me but let alone my dead husband?

"Considering the circumstances not well but obviously since I'm not here to just visit I need some things that might be hard for you to give up but I'll still need them."

"Ok what is the first thing you need?" He asks in a suspicious tone.

"Well for starters I need a job."

He pauses and opens his mouth like he's about to say something but then stops then bursts out into fits of laughter.

"Chief I'm serious I need a job."

"One of the best Doctors in the country needs a job from me?" He points to himself.

"You just had Derek Shepherd in your office and i'm nothing compared to him!"

"Melody Rachel Grey" on no the dramatic use of the full name. " I would love to give you a job here your one of my favorite students and better yet you'll be working right next to Derek but in Peds maybe even the head of Peds. But before I give you the job-"

"No no no you already gave me the job no questions please I work next to Derek and I'll be on my best behavior. But."

"But what?" He says looking confused leaning for me to continue.

"If I'm going to be here I'm gonna need my own OR since you asked so nicely to have me work here."

"Wait what-"

"Richard, Richard, Richard no need I just need an OR and some surgeries."

"I can't just give you an OR Melody."

"Such a shame I was really going to enjoy Seattle you know after not having been here for four years-"

"Wait your leaving?" I cover my face hiding my laughter and put a sad expression on.

"Well Webster I need a job if your not gonna give me one then I will leave unfortunately again. Left with nothing."

"You can have the job. And-"

"An OR? Thank you so much." I get up from my chair and hug him. He looks shocked and dumbfounded at my change of expression.

He's about to say something when his pager beeps meaning he's needed.

"Oh I'm gonna need one of those and if you see Meredith don't tell her I'm here I want her to be surprised when my name is on that board. Melody Grey is back!" He doesn't get a word in as I walk out the room.

"Well I guess i better get started." I mumble to myself.