Chapter 13

I arrive to work late, as pure usual but it's not one of those usual days I hear some commotion in a room so I decide to check it out I look over the patients name when my heart stops.

Ellis Grey.

I quickly compose myself but at the back of my mind I'm wondering why no one told me your supposed to tell people these things. I stop when I hear yelling.

"Meredith I told you not to bother me while I'm working!" She yells.

I know I can't see the terrified look on my sisters face but I can't feel it, she was always scared of her.

Thing is, my mother hasn't worked in years. Her
Alzheimers was getting and worse and I had no idea. I walk in fully to the room when my mother spots me.

"You and your sister get out! I am working!" She's yells.

"Come on Meredith let's go." I smile faintly.

She smiles back but it doesn't reach her eyes as i notice her glossy eyes.

I grab her hand and we exit the room.

"Do you wanna go home?" I ask her.

"No I'll be fine."

"For now just stay out of her room okay? She's just having a moment. We need to give her a little space."

I wipe her tears and hug her we stay like that for a while. I say my goodbyes to her and head to an on call room.

I sit in silence wondering when my life went through some much shit. Shit I can't handle physically and emotionally. I hear a faint know at the door. It's probably Richard checking in on us.

I open the door to see a face I didn't expect to see.

Mark Sloan.

"Ok I'm not gonna ask you if your ok because it's obvious your not."

I move out of the door so he can enter.

He does.

"No I'm not ok." I say as I sit down.

He sits down next to me.

I notice he's holding something.

Coffee.

Then it hits me.

Oh shit our coffee date I'm an asshole I bailed on him.

"I'm so, so sorry."

He hands me a cup.

"Why are you sorry? You have a job to do just as much as the rest of us." He says shrugging.

I didn't bail on him on purpose.

"My mom she's sick. And I hate her. With a passion like i wanna operate on her so she can never wake up again. Even though that is very illegal. Even though that she's very sick with alzheimers.

I've known but I didn't know it was this bad and I feel terrible, I'm supposed to take care of her. I mean yeah she didn't take care of me much but she's sick and I'm a doctor, and now she's dying and there's nothing I can do except wait till she gets better or wait till she gets worse." I  take out a deep breath I didn't realize I had been holding.

He stays quiet for a while. "Are you sure you want to be talking to me about this? I mean I can go get your sister if you want." He offers.

"No it's fine I just needed to tell someone. I keep bottling up my feelings. Now I need to take care of my mom and my sister. I should probably call my dad to-"

"Woah, woah, woah slow down there, calm down. Your mom's got the best doctors helping her."

"I'm not working on her." I mumble.

He gives me a small smirk and a look. "Merediths a big girl. She can handle herself, she'll be ok. As for your dad I don't know what to say, but yeah call him?" Coming out like a question.

I start to laugh and I see a smile form on his face.

"Right now you need to take care of yourself. Everything will end up the way it's supposed too. You can't change it even if you want it to." He says with a small smile.

I don't reply to quickly because I'm busy staring at him.

"Your really pretty." I say not realizing I just said that out loud.

A smile makes his face then it turns into a smirk. "Thank you doll, your pretty too."

My face heats up. I just called him pretty.

"Thank you." I say. Looking away from him.

I put myself in a really awkward position.

"For what?" He says. "For calling you pretty? No need anyone can tell."

If my face face wasn't already red it's probably a tomato right now.

"No thank you for listening to me while I load out on you."

"Oh no that? That was nothing but if you want you can easily make it up to me."

"With what?" I ask.

"You go to dinner with me."