Epilogue

A|N I decided that I'm really fully done with this book so I wanted to leave off on a good note thank you all for sticking by with the breaks and the updates I'm trying to finish a lot of my books since I've just finished my Euphoria story and since that's out of the way I felt like this story needed a good ending so this is the epilogue thank you for sticking by and I hope you enjoy!

*^*

When's Mark coming home?

That was the only thought in Melody's mind as she listened to her two kids scream while they played animatedly with the set of blocks, dolls, and animals in front of them. They had been rather wild today, and Mommy was the only one who was able to level them when they got like this but today they were worse then usual.

Melody only sighed as the two kids got up and started running around the room. George, who was now four, was currently chasing Charlotte, or Charlie as she was normally referred to as, who was just a few months away from turning three.

Melody and Mark were thrilled when they found out that she was expecting. They had been together for five years, and though they really had no plans of marrying - they practically saw themselves as married to each other and didn't care for the legality that was attached to it - they were excited to be bringing a new life into the world.

"Maybe I should call Meredith." She pulled out her cellphone.

"George, please don't hit your sister," Melody scolded the boy, who clearly didn't hear her speak over the loud screaming of his sister. "George!" Melody yelled a bit louder, finally getting his attention. "You don't hit your sister." she told him, a frown on her face as the boy froze and dropped the toy he was holding. Pleased with her parenting, Melody nodded her head and allowed for them to continue what they were playing before they had started running around.

"Melody." She looked up to the doorway Meredith was at the door.

"Oh thank god your here."

"Why didn't you call me earlier? You know I need some practice with kids the social worker is still investigating me and Derek."

"That's exactly why I didn't call you earlier."

"Where's Mark?"

"He got called in. He should be back later."

"You want me to make dinner?" Meredith asked starting to pick up the toys on the ground.

"Yes thank you very much." Meredith nodded her head before leaving Melody alone with the kids.

Melody turned back to the playroom, only to find that it was empty. She furrowed her brows, not remembering any point where the two kids could have slipped out. They were never quiet about anything and she would have heard them. Maybe they managed to while she was in thought. Her hands fell to her hips as she walked the corridor, listening for any sounds they might make. Then she heard giggles and footsteps on the hardwood floor. They were coming from behind the slightly ajared door to her right. The breath got caught in her throat when she realized what room it was: Mark's office.