Chapter 26*

As doctors we are made to take care of our patients. As operators were made to chose like or death. As people we are made to live and work to our fullest of potential.

What happens if the positions were reversed and the operator was the one being operated on?

_~_

3 hours

180 minutes

10800 seconds

"Mel please, I need you. Please don't leave me. I still need you."

"She's coding! Get Grey out of here!"

Darkness. The partial or total substance without light.

Darkness.

In the end was the light really worth fighting for?

-/-

2 hours earlier

"You know I was nervous about this date." I let out a sigh looking to Mark who looks down at me.

"Really?" He laughs slightly.

"Yeah I haven't been on a date in a while." I scratch the back of my neck.

"I don't really go on dates."

"Oh why not?"

"The beds way warmer." He jokes.

I let out a laugh blushing lightly.

"But I'm glad we went on this date."

"Im glad we went on this date to." I smile up to him.

_~_

Once we finish inside the restaurant we head outside, the air less awkward and tense and more so carefree and light.

"I had fun Mark." 

"Me to we should do this again." He says.

"Yeah we should."

"Next week?" I nod as he starts to back away.

Hopefully I don't regret this. In the end i know i won't.

He starts to turn around walking slowly but surely away. "Mark." I call out to him as I head up to him.

"Yea-" he starts but I cut him off.

I kiss him. The kiss was slow. And I await for a response. Once I receive one, I feel his arms snake around my waist. Claiming me to wrap my arms around his neck.

After a moment I pull away resting my forehead towards his.

"Wow."

"Mark when I said I wanted to do this again I mean it. Even though next week is to far away, We both have jobs, and I need to get home."

"Is that an invitation?"

"Eh maybe next time." I shrug off the answer smirking lightly at the thought.

"Wait really?"

"Goodbye Mark."

I look towards the road and facepalm.

Traffic.

Then shrug. Luckily I'm first in line.

_~_

In this case like the game the operator became the operation.

3rd person POV

Mark looks around hearing commotion. He had been making his way to a bar close by.