Mafia, Balls, gunshots

Mafia ball

Mafia ball..... was today. I was lying if I said I wasn't nervous.
Even though I've been to many balls. This time I was going with Elijah. Which was nice.

The ball was supposed to happen a while ago but got canceled because of the snow storm.

Waking up I slowly opened my eyes, Sun shining right in my face making me groan and turn around. I've grew to hate mornings, usually Elijah would be in here writing in his journal that he still hasn't let me see yet so I gave up.

Closing my eyes to go back to sleep into Elijah came in my room.

"Trying to sleep" I groaned snuggling into my duvet.

"alzati e risplendi amore" Elijah sat on this side I was laying on. Elijah was already dressed in his Ermenegildo Zegna fancy suit.

I sat up hesitantly feeling still tired and out of it, I might have been a little hangover from last night.... We might've stayed up drinking all night.

LAST NIGHT
3 am
I was sitting on the roof of the house, it was a hard but easy climb.

"Company?" Elijah asked from the window.

"Sure" I shrugged.

Once Elijah was up I looked over beside him to see him with a bottle of alcohol.

Elijah was a drinker but wasn't a heavy drinker. Which I could relate too.

"Sometimes I think what would've happened if my mother never died" Elijah drunk from the bottle. Ah so there's a reason.

I nodded encouragingly "I never asked.. how?" I brought up taking the bottle and taking a swing as the liquid burned down my throat leaving a cool taste in my mouth.

"6 years ago, after giving birth to Amber. She got depressed automatically after having Amber. The doctors took Amber to do the usual after birth shit. That's when she did it. She opened the window climbed onto the roof and jumped" Elijah recalled.

"Amber father?"

"That bastard" Elijah seethed out taking a sip from the bottle I handed back to him.

A long string of silence old me that Elijah didn't want to talk about it. Which I understood.

FLASHBACK OVER.

I was wondering if Elijah was hungover, probably not he act like he isn't.

"We leave in two hours you should probably... freshen up" Elijah kissed my forehead.

I scrunched up my nose "Are you saying I look bad?" I dramatically said.

"Well" Elijah tilted his head "I have to..do paperwork gotta go" Elijah rushed out of the room. As I threw a pillow at him missing him by a couple inches.