new feelings - 1

go follow me on tiktok, @imaslutforhjp

the day that changed everything. it was so simple, but it was the turning point. you were sitting in the common room, across the table from him. he was so concentrated on his homework. his fingers scratched his head while his indecipherable words streaked across the parchment. your eyes traced across the wrinkles appearing on his forehead every time he got confused, which was a lot. you watched as his hands gripped the quill, veins showing every time he gripped harder. your eyes came back and centered on his lips, your thoughts started to run wild. he looked up at you, "what?" he asked.

you were staring, you didn't realize you were staring

you were staring, you didn't realize you were staring. "oh nothing, i just was daydreaming i guess" you replied. oh come on, you really couldn't have thought of anything better than that?

"okay whatever you say," he teased, returning back to his work. you realized what just happened, you couldn't take your eyes off of him. all of a sudden you saw him in a whole new light. but he's always been just your friend? what if the feelings aren't real?

...

you sit outside the castle , underneath a tree, at 12 pm thinking over your feelings, wondering if they're really true. if they are, you could possibly mess up your friendship and drama would blow up. but, you could be so happy, that is if he liked you back.

the new feelings start to erupt inside you. harry is someone you never imagined you would fall so hard for. he's always been attractive, but he's always been just a friend, only that. luna is your best friend and you need to talk to her, but you need to figure out what's happening first.

you sit and think of all the times you may have not realized you really were into him. you realize you have always felt different about him compared to anyone else. the way it made you feel when he smiled at you, the way he threw his head back when he laughed, or the way he whispered in your ear. you realize this has been developing over time, you just failed to notice your own feelings.

...

it's 10 pm, you're sitting in your dorm and luna is painting your nails a pastel pink color. she tells you it reminds her of her mother.

she notices something is a little off about you and asks what's on your mind. harry has been circulating your thoughts all day and she could tell. you spill everything to her.

she compliments your great storytelling abilities and tells you that if it's meant to be, it's meant to be. suddenly the door opens and ginny walks in. the two of you go silent and she looks at you funny, "what we're you two talking about?" ginny asks.

you both stutter and don't know how to answer. you don't know if you're ready to tell anyone yet and luna doesn't want to tell her if you're not comfortable with it. she gives you a knowing look and says, "boys. spill."

she sits down next to luna and realizes she came on too strong, "i'm sorry, you don't have to tell me if you don't want to, so how was mcgonagall's class?"