old rivalries carry on - 1

you hear soft music start to fill the air. your body dances in the middle of a field and your dress blows in the wind. you can feel the soft grass is under your feet as you hear someone yell your name. something is shaking your body back and forth. "wake up, it's almost time to go to class!" your roommate Este yells at you.

you groan "I'm up, I'm up," and rub your eyes. you're totally not used to waking up this early. luckily, you picked out clothes for the night before so you just throw them on. you've already started your day late and you can't miss your first day in class so you quickly do your hair and makeup. soon enough you're running out the door, your shoes clicking down the hallway with every step.

as you walk into class and smile and say hi to all of your friends. they got to class early to make a good first impression, maybe you should have done that if you didn't love sleeping. they each ask how you are and you engage in small talk with them for a bit. you all are very excited to be back, somewhere you all truly belong.

as you look up at the door your stomach drops. really? he had to be in this class? why? what a terrible start to my day. you feel a headache coming on and realize you forgot to get coffee in your rush. shit.

you watch as harry looks over at ron and lets out a light laugh as he goes to the front of the room. your eyes instinctively roll to the back of your head and you groan. his eyes look down at the paper on the podium and he looks over at everyone in the classroom. you turn away and say goodbye to your friends and sit in your seat.

you try to busy yourself by looking for your lost quill, which you ended up finding pretty quickly. you can't help but look for where he went. you look on the right side of the room but see he's not over by ron, then as your head turns, you see him looking right at you.

he's sitting about three feet away from you. there is no possible way we happened to be assigned this close together. is this some practical joke? you ask him, "what are you doing sitting right here?"

"well this is where i was told to sit," he responds, matching your tone.

you roll your eyes and focus on something else, anything else. you've hated each other forever and you never stop arguing, over nothing even. there definitely has been moments of reason behind your arguments, but it's mostly an ongoing childhood feud. you even fight about who hates the other more. if you're going to have to deal with him the rest of the year, this is going to suck.

something about him just drives you up a wall. he's so cocky and full of himself and he's too good at anything he does. he has never been nice to you but yet everyone else adores him, what the hell is that. someone needs to humble him.

you ignore him the rest of the class, making sure to take good notes full well knowing there's a quiz next week. it's almost like he's not there, except when it's tapping his fingers on the desk or spinning his wand in his fingers. then you're ready to strangle him.

...

you find out that he's in pretty much all of your classes except for a few. it feels like the teachers are having fun with always putting the two of you near each other.

every time you pass him he lets out a sarcastic comment about you under his breath. you constantly hum whenever he talks which causes you to receive death stares. 

soon enough it'll be time to get all of your anger out, the ravenclaw vs. gryffindor game is coming up and you are going to beat him. naturally, you're both the best seekers at the school. soon you'll take the top spot.