13.

As it turns out, Ace wasn't that fond with his life.

He awoke groggily, with a sharp sensation poking at his neck. Once his eyes finally cleared, he registered a pair of dark eyes staring down from above him. Jasper.

The events of last night creeped back into his mind, as he silently cursed to himself. He was supposed to be out before Jasper woke up, but apparently the time got away from him.

"What the fuck are you doing in my room?" Jasper hissed.

Ace admits, a knife to the throat wasn't how he intended to start his day, but he'd been in the position more times that he'd liked to admit and Jasper was beginning to cease to surprise him.

"Do you even know how to use that?" Ace quipped, which apparently wasn't the right response, as Jasper pressed the sharpness of the knife into his neck even further.

Quiet frankly, Ace was getting tired of Jasper's recklessness. In a swift movement, he propelled his body forward, and captures Jasper's wrist, gripping it tightly. 

Quickly, Ace switched their positions, so now he was hovering over Jasper, his knee digging into his lower waist.

"Fuck you," Jasper huffed, as Ace squeezed his wrist tighter in order to get him to drop the knife. "Get off of me."

"Don't tell me you actually planned on using that?" Ace rumbled, ignoring the compromising position they were in. The guard noticed Jasper's smell first, apples and teakwood. "You don't strike me as the murderous type, but so far you're full of surprises."

Jasper huffed again, struggling beneath the tall guard. Ace noticed his eyes flickered toward where his wrist grabbed Jasper's, and briefly remembered Jasper's words from a while back.

If you touch me again, I'll fucking kill you.

Ace grabbed the knife before he could do any real damage, and moved away from Jasper as quickly as he could.

"I'm sure you don't remember much of last night, but I brought you here after the event. You could hardly walk. You asked me to stay."

Jasper, who was now standing, looked at Ace like he had three heads. Jasper looked down from the knife in his hand to the regretful look on his face. Images of last night flashed in Jasper's mind, but he only remembers bits and pieces. Fuck.

"I didn't-"

"I'm sure your Mom will be stuck doing damage control again, so actually...it's better if you enjoy these last moments of peace while you can."

"Peace?" Jasper scoffed, folding his arms over his bare chest. "Nothing is ever peaceful when you're around."

"If you say so," Ace shrugged, ignoring the way Jasper's muscles flexed softly as he turned away. "I'm sure it's better than any scolding you're gonna receive in probably moments from now."

"Didn't I tell you to leave?" Jasper huffed, moving around the room to collect his clothes that we're thrown carelessly on the floor.

"Sorry I didn't get the chance, you did just have a knife to my throat less than two minutes ago."

It was swift, so quick that the guard hardly saw it coming but wishing seconds, Jasper stood before Ace, his eyes piercing despite their height difference.

"Do you think you're funny?" Jasper tilted his head. They were so close that the guard was able to inhale his scent involuntarily. Their breaths filled the small air between them, it was silent but Jasper clicked his tongue, signaling he was waiting for an answer.